Malteser International delivers humanitarian assistance to the affected population (IDPs, host communities and refugees) in Nigeria in response to the current famine crisis and displacement in the region since August 2017. In cooperation with a local partner we are implementing a comprehensive project for Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH).
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Psychotherapist, Psychosocial Support (National Position)
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
- The responsibility of the Psychotherapist is to setup, implementation and coordination of the integrated project for improvement of the Mental Health Situation in IDP (Internally Displaced People) Camps and host communities.
- Master Degree in Psychology or related fields, or equivalent experiences in treating traumatized people in emergency settlings
- 5 years of relevant experience
- Proven experience in treating traumatized people in emergency settlings
- Working experience in the Northeast of Nigeria for NGOs would be an asset
- Ability to work, manage and coordinate a team
- Excellent written and spoken English; speaking Kanuri and Hausa
- Managing and coordinating all tasks related to the implementation of the Psycho-Social-Support component, while complying the rules and regulations of Malteser International and its donors
- Diagnose traumas of violence affected people and draft a treatment concept for each individual, always respecting patient confidentiality
- Plan and conduct individual and group sessions for the treatment of traumatized person and groups
- Establish a good network of Mental Health and Psycho-Social-Support specialist and setting up an adequate referral system for hardship cases
- Properly document all implementation related processes well and establish a good filing system.
- File all support documents properly, e.g. regarding correspondence, contacts and general administration. Keep project Master File folder, including beneficiary files and participant lists up-to-date
- Coordinate well and proactively, the daily cooperation and work with the Management, as well as Administration and Program staff
- Report to the supervisor all difficulties and relevant information, as well as all relevant issues concerning safety, security and success of the program in a timely manner
- Fulfill other Project Implementation and coordination functions as required
- Starting date: 01.12.2018
- Intended duty stations: Maiduguri, Nigeria
- Duration of contract: 12months
- Salary according to qualification and experience
- Kindly note that this a national position with a local contract
Deadline: 15th November, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- This position is only for candidates from the area of Wau, qualified female candidates are welcome to apply.
- If you are interested in this position.
- Kindly submit your application (CV, letter of motivation, copies of diplomas and three professional references) online until