Regional Safety Supervisor Recruitment at IBEDC Plc, 23rd October, 2018
Ibadan Electricity Distribution Company (IBEDC) Plc – Headquartered in Ibadan is responsible for electricity distribution within the south western zone (Oyo, Ogun, Osun and kwara as well as some parts of Kogi, Ekiti and Niger states).
We are an organization with a focus on delivering excellent service to the customers and providing customer satisfaction through reliable power distributions.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Regional Safety Supervisor
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
Specialization: Health, Safety & Environment
- Ensure adequate sensitization of relevant IBEDC stakeholders (internal and external) staff on health and safety standards and champion an attitudinal change towards HSE in line with the organisation’s strategic objectives
Qualifications and Requirements
- Minimum Qualification: Bachelor Degree
- Required Experience 5 – 7 years
- Knowledge of utilities industries and applicable HSE policies across the industry
- Ability to recognize and assess safety hazards, and develop abatement/control measures
- Health and safety management processes
- Strong interpersonal and Relationship Management skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Knowledge of basic HSE tools / software systems
- Assists in developing IBEDC’s health and safety policies in accordance with strategic objectives and leading practices
- Develops systems to ensure adequate compliance with the policies and procedures developed
- Conducts regular review of policies and procedures and proposes updates / amendments where necessary (to ensure policies remain relevant and in line with stipulated legislation)
- Ensures all external contractor working on IBEDC equipment or facility receive the appropriate Health and safety policy and procedures (orientation to be conducted by Technical training unit)
- Develops annual HSE communications strategy (identify target audience, delivery medium / channel; type of event; target audience, etc.)
- Assists in the execution of the communications strategy / plan and develops communication messages / materials
- Ensures proper dissemination of HSE related messages across IBEDC
- Liaises with Communications and Branding department to publish health and safety articles in IBEDC newsletter
- Organizes and plans HSE events and campaigns across IBEDC – facilitates open communication medium/channel on all health and safety issues of both internal and external stakeholders
- Assists in the development of communication materials to relevant stakeholders on IBEDC’s HSE initiatives (liaising with all HSE units)
Deadline: 29th October, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- When the page opens, click on “Vacancies” and select “Regional Safety Supervisor” to apply accordingly
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.