Development Alternatives, Inc (DAI) is an international global consulting firm headquartered in the USA with offices in the UK and Nigeria. For more than 45 years, we have worked on the frontlines of international development, tackling fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governance, and instability.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Accounts Officer
The ideal candidate must have:
- Must possess a good honours degree in any either Accounting, Management or numerate sciences
- Must have experience in an audit firm or audit department of a reputable firm
- Strong accounting background
- S/He should have at least 4 years of progressive professional accounting experience
- High level of computer proficiency with good knowledge of accounting software such as QuickBooks or Peachtree
- Must be an obvious self-starter, a quick learner and a good team player
Key Deliverable will include
- Review of Payment Vouchers posted in QuickBooks to ensure proper coding and classes
- Preparation of E-Payments Schedules for Review on weekly basis
- Preparation of weekly call over reports
- Ensure that all statutory remittances are paid on or before their due dates
- Reconciliation of assigned general ledger entries on monthly basis
- Filing of Annual Tax Returns on yearly basis before their due dates
- Attending to queries on statutory remittances from time to time
- Working with Senior Accountant to ensure that with-holding taxes are paid as at when due
- Collection of with-holding tax credit notes from tax offices
Deadline: 12th November, 2018.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit a copy of their CV using the name of the position as subject of the email to: email@example.com
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.