Buyer Job Vacancy at JAGAL Group, 16th November, 2018
Jagal is a Nigerian conglomerate holding that operates leading energy businesses and manages a diverse portfolio of investments. By cultivating leadership and developing a culture of excellence, Jagal is dedicated to empowering people and building strategic partnerships that aim to achieve sustainable growth for the advancement of the Nigerian community.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Buyer
- Under limited supervision, performs purchasing of goods and services with judgment, accuracy, confidentiality and promptness and in accordance with established company policies and procedures using industry best practice.
- 6-8 years’ experience in purchasing for FMCG Manufacturing
- ICT purchasing experience would be advantageous.
- CIPS or local Purchasing certification
- 3 years Supervisory experience
- Business Degree – Procurement/Supply Chain Major would be advantageous
- Under limited supervision, performs purchasing of goods and services with judgment, accuracy, confidentiality and promptness and in accordance with established company policies and procedures using industry best practice
- Researches, evaluates and purchases best quality goods and services on time and at the best commercial price and terms
- Prepares bid documents and performs bid analysis and makes recommendations regarding the purchasing process
- Prepares purchase orders in ERP software program and submits for approval
- Meets with company warehouse personnel/vendors to review defective merchandise and arrange for returns and replacements
- Resolves problems and issues arising from purchases with internal and external clients
- Negotiates best prices for materials and or services and always obtains maximum discounts and extended payment terms
- Must show cost saving initiatives and ensure prices are always lower or within specified commercial acceptance
- Works with the Expeditor to ensure materials and or services are delivered within the agreed delivery period to meet production targets
- Must ensure that purchase requisitions are processed, and purchase orders are sent to the Vendor/service provider within the specified procurement lead times and criticality rating
- Carries out regular market research to obtain new vendors for goods and services.
- Shows continuous improvements regarding pricing and monitors vendor performance.
- Provide various reports as when necessary and as required.
- Comply with all Jagal policies, processes and procedures
- Report any issues of non-compliance
- Conduct yourself in a professional manner always
- Maintain accurate and professional records
- Ensure that the Company’s Health and Safety Policy is complied with through supply chain activities
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online