Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic institutions and stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 15 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Communications Officer – Northern Education Initiative Plus (The Initiative)
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
- Commencing in October2015 under funding support from the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), the five-year Northern Education Initiative Plus (the Initiative) project is strengthening the ability of Bauchi and Sokoto states to provide greater access to basic education-especially for girls and Out-of-School-Children (OOSC) – and to significantly improve reading outcomes for more than one million school-aged children and youths.
- This position is in Abuja, Nigeria with frequent travel to Bauchi and Sokoto states reporting to the Communications Manager.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications or related field.
- 3+ years’ experience in communications, preferably for a USAID-funded project.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge and experience in use of social media for development.
- Media experience especially in radio and television.
- Fluency in Hausa is an advantage.
- Creates and implements communications outreach activities for the dissemination of information on project activities.
- Creates and implements public relations programs to release positive publicity about the program through various media.
- Promotes communication to the USAID Mission about the project for dissemination on Mission web pages or to other USAID Missions and to HQ for publication in newsletters and web.
- Writes news releases, success stories, daily reports, weekly reports, quarterly reports, and other project documents.
- Supervises and arranges taking, processing and disseminating photographs: prepares and disseminates radio and television material; produces posters, signs, displays, media campaigns, etc.
- Creates content and analyze project’s social media and web channels.
- Develops reports for social media accounts and campaigns.
- Researches and implements new trends, techniques and technologies that are relevant to project/program media strategies.
- Is proficient at all media channels and in media measurement for each channel. Resolves any day to day issues, escalating when necessary.
- Contributes to multi-discipline meetings, lending media and technology expertise and contributing to overall discussion.
Deadline: 17th November, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resume/CV to: email@example.com with “Communication Officer’s” in the email Subject line
- Only finalists will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
- Creative Associates International Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Disability/Veteran.