We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Dispensing Optician
Reports To: Lab Manager/Optical Services Country Manager
- The role of a dispensing optician will include dispensing and fitting spectacles and other optical aids, to both adults and children, working from the prescriptions written by optometrists and ophthalmologists.
- Maximum of Ordinary National Diploma in Dispensing Optician.
- A valid letter of registration as a dispensing optician.
- Minimum of 1 year experience in the same role.
- Good Knowledge of Ophthalmic Instrument.
Skills and Competencies:
- Ability to handle ophthalmic instruments
- A strong commitment to customer care
- Team Work
- A flexible approach to work and the ability to adapt to change.
- Attention to detail.
- Must be computer Literate.
- Interpret optical prescriptions written by optometrists or ophthalmologists.
- Give advice to patients on lens type, frames and styling.
- With further training, fit contact lenses and give advice on their care and use.
- Take frame and facial measurements to ensure correct fit and positioning
- Advise partially sighted patients on the use of low vision aids
- Advise patients when adjustments or repairs to spectacles are needed
- Check lenses on delivery to ensure that they meet the required specifications
- Liaise with sales representatives from vision care product suppliers
- Supervise and train trainee dispensing opticians.
Deadline: 10th November, 2018.
Method of Application
Interested qualified candidates should send their CV’s and suitability statement as a single attachment to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The subject of the email should be the Position Title/Location and the CV/Suitability Statement should be saved in the applicant’s full name.
- Kindly state how you heard about the role in the mail.
- Eye Foundation Hospital Group is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to achieving gender balance within the organization. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Shortlisting will start as soon as we start receiving applications.