The European Commission’s Directorate General for European Civil Protection and Humanitarian Aid Operations (ECHO) funds relief operations for victims of natural disasters and conflicts outside the European Union.
For humanitarian aid, the Commission works with about 200 operational partners, including United Nations agencies, the Red Cross/Crescent movement and non-governmental organizations (NGOs). Aid is channelled impartially, straight to victims, regardless of their race, ethnic group, religion, gender, age, nationality or political affiliation.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Driver
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Industry: General Work
- The job holder drives the office vehicle for transporting authorised personnel and delivery/collection of mail, documents and other items for the ECHO office.
Responsibilities & Tasks
Within delegated authority, the Driver (Group V) will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Drives ECHO vehicles upon request and according to the information contained in the logistics board;
- Provides reliable and safe driving services by driving office vehicles for the transport of ECHO staff, EU officials and visitors and delivery and collection of mail, documents and other items;
- Meets EU officials and visitors at the airport and provides support with visa and customs formalities arrangement when required;
- Loads / unloads vehicle and ensures security of goods while in the vehicle;
- Ensures proper day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle through timely minor repairs, arrangements for and supervision of major repairs, timely changes of oil, check of tires, brakes and water levels, car washing, etc so that the vehicle is kept clean and in good running condition at all times;
- Ensures availability of all the required documents/supplies including vehicle insurance, vehicle registration, vehicle logs, check list, fuel form office directory, map of the city/country, first aid kit, and necessary spare parts in the assigned vehicle;
- Checks the weekly mission’s schedule of the vehicle, anticipates needs and reports any changes in vehicle use plan;
- Ensures all preparations for field missions (vehicle, equipment, routes, contacts, etc..), under the supervision of the line manager;
- Ensures that the steps required by rules and regulations are taken in case of involvement in an accident;
- Report immediately any accident or incident, even minor, to the HoO and RLC if applicable;
Specific tasks for the Driver:
- Supervises office drivers, monitors the maintenance of Vehicle Daily Logs and Vehicle History Records;
- Maintains all records related to the use of ECHO vehicles such as Vehicle Daily Log and Vehicle History Record, and regularly submits them to relevant administration staff;
- Fleet management – Follows-up the maintenance and insurance of the vehicles.
- Registers, distributes and archives all the incoming and outgoing mail;
- Gets and delivers mail where needed
General Administration Support:
- Assists office staff in filing, photocopying when required;
- Performs other tasks as assigned by the supervisor;
- Translating and interpreting, as appropriate.
Specific tasks for the Driver:
- Assists in the training, briefing and welcoming of newly recruited personnel;
Office specific responsibilities/tasks: (If/When applicable)
- Undertakes any additional tasks as assigned by the Head of Office/RSO and/or Headquarters.
- Secondary Education or equivalent. Must have a valid driver’s license.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience driving 4wheel drives, with a safe driving record;
- Specific driving experience in the country and sub-region;
- Basic knowledge of protocol rules and procedures;
- Good communication skills;
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment;
- Knowledge of communication equipment such radio, GPS is an advantage
- Knowledge of driving rules and regulations and skills in minor vehicle repairs;
- Previous experience in a Governmental or other International Organisation is an advantage;
- Basic computer literacy.
- Fluency in English (verbal).
- A Good knowledge of Hausa language.
- Drive for Results – Medium level
- Conduct in Service – Basic level
- Functional Competencies:
- Working with others – Medium level
- Managing & Organising information – Basic level
- Communication – Basic level
- Customer Orientation – Basic level
- Organisational Awareness – Basic level
- Adaptability & Flexibility – Medium level
- Critical Thinking & Problem Solving – Basic level
- The definition of each competency and examples of behaviours expected for each level are listed in annex.
Deadline: 23rd November, 2018.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online