The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, emergency food security, legal assistance, and water,sanitation and hygiene sectors.
The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters -NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours notice when a crisis occurs
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Field Office Coordinator
Ref. nr.: 3979648718
Location: Biu, Borno
The reports to: The Area Manager
- NRC is looking for a Field Office Coordinator for our field office in Biu, Borno State in Northern Nigeria. The purpose of the Field Office Coordinator is to supervise and coordinate Finance, Human Resources, Logistics and Security functions at the Field Offices located in Biu Local Government Areas of Borno State and to assist in the support functions portfolio.
- NRC initiated country operations in Nigeria in June 2015, in order to respond to the critical and increasing needs in the country.
- NRC currently has a full team based in Maiduguri and a coordination office in Abuja. NRC is currently providing services across various sectors namely; Shelter and Non-Food Items (NFI); Water, Sanitation and Hygiene Promotion (WASH); Food Security; and Information, Counselling and Legal Assistance (ICLA) and recently Education in order to address identified humanitarian needs.
- Minimum Bachelor‘s degree and Experience from working in support functions in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal. Fluency in Babur and Hausa (verbal)
- Computer skills (Microsoft Windows and Office applications)
- Knowledge and familiarity with north-east Nigeria and culture
- Knowledge of the local language (Hausa and Babur is an added advantage)
- Experience with start-up and new office settings
- Administration / Organisation / Management
- Social science
- Humanities / Maths / Science
- Education title: Bachelors’ degree
- College / University, Bachelor’s degree
- Planning and delivering results
- Empowering and building trust
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Handling insecure environment
- A good sense of humour is an asset
- All employees of the Norwegian Refugee Council should be able to adhere to our Code of Conduct and the four organizational values: Dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable.
- Coordinate activities at the Field Office.
- Manage and coordinate activities HR & Admin, finance, logistics and security tasks of the field office
- Ensure adherence to NRC policies, handbooks, procedures and SOPs/guidelines
- Ensure adherence to Security and Risk Management policy and procedures
- Coordinate and assist with budgets and costs for the field office’s shared costs and support functions
- Provide support in the training and development of staff
- Provide support to project implementation at field office level
- Coordinate representation meetings with the UN, partners and authorities
- Promote the rights of IDPs/returnees in line with the advocacy strategy
- Establish support functions at Field Office in line with NRC standards, including recruitment of staff.
- Support field staff in planning and monitoring support functions and coordination of programme activities
- Coordination of activities with other agencies and stakeholders
- Support Area Manager with planning and budgeting for Field Office
- Commencement: January 2019
- Duration: 1 year
- Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s general directions – Grade Level 7 Step 1
- Duty station: Biu, Borno State with frequent travels. Travel outside Biu is dependent on changing security conditions, especially for certain roads in the areas.
- Approved health certficate will be requested before contract start.
Deadline: 27th November, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Application procedures and CV Registration
- Please note that you are required to enter the geographical location for all your previous positions while registering your CV.
- There is no specific field for this information in our CV form, but you can use the “Company name” field for both company and location.