Head Finance and Operations Job at Ernst & Young (EY)
Ernst & Young (EY) is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. The insights and quality services we deliver help build trust and confidence in the capital markets and in economies the world over. We develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders. In so doing, we play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head Finance and Operations
Ref No: NIG00035
- Our Finance and Operations function is an integral part of the Core Business Service and the Head Finance & Operations is in charge of the unit.
- The job holder will oversee all financial aspects of the EY business; drives financial strategy and planning, and assesses the financial performance of the firm as well as possible risks and investments.
Qualification, Experience and Skills
- Must possess a degree in Accounting or in a related field. Must be a chartered accountant
- A minimum of 5 years in a Senior Management role, preferably in a Professional services organization
- Qualified and highly experienced in a similar role
- Excellent communicator, with both internal and external colleagues at all levels
- Ability to lead, motivate and provide sound accounting advice.
- Sound knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and International Accounting Standard (IAS).
- Sound understanding of accounting principles and financial management.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Advanced computer skills on MS Office, accounting software and databases
- Ability to analyze and make recommendations, alongside the capacity to drive through key business changes
- Strong business acumen and understanding of financial issues
Detailed Key Responsibilities
The job holder will be responsible for day to day and other accounting operations such as:
- Supervising the preparation of weekly and monthly reports and statutory returns
- Ensuring the completion of bank and balance sheet reconciliations that all necessary documents are requested, collected, and compiled.
- Budget Analysis – planning budgets, monitoring expenditures, analysing revenues, determining budget variances
- Reviewing month-end accounting activities such as reconciliations and accounting entries
- Undertaking financial analysis and generating financial reports and statements to EXCO for review
- Managing, mentoring and motivating the Finance team
The role is accountable for all financial operations and will be tasked to:
- Improve efficiencies and reduce firm costs
- Put in place robust financial systems and processes
- Prepare regular management accounts
- Oversee cash flow management
- Develop forecasting models (P&L, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow)
- Oversee the preparation of year end statutory accounts Manage budgeting and forecasting process, including variances
- Develop and maintain relationships with external advisors, e.g. banks
- Liaise with auditors for annual monitoring
- Oversee tax matters and all financial compliance-related matters
- Undertake cost-benefit analysis for financial opportunities
- Understand regulation, legislation and other developments and how they will impact the business
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online