HR Operations Specialist Job at IKEDC, 15th November, 2018
HR Operations Specialist at Ikeja Electricity Distribution Company (IKEDC)
Ikeja Electricity Distribution Company (IKEDC) – Buoyed by a mission to redefine customer experience and be the provider of choice wherever energy is consumed, Ikeja Electricity Distribution Plc (Ikeja Electric), Nigeria’s largest power distribution network powers lives and businesses with innovation and unwavering drive for excellence. The company began its new phase of growth and expansion on November 1st, 2013 following the handover of the defunct Power Holding Company of Nigeria (PHCN) to NEDC/ KEPCO Consortium under the privatization scheme of the Federal Government of Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: HR Operations Specialist
Reporting To: Head Employee Relations
Job Type: Full time
- Conceptualizes new employee welfare initiatives and think of ways of implementing and monitoring them
- Bachelor’s Degree in HR or relevant field.
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience within an HR operations or HR shared service function
- Good knowledge of Nigerian labour laws and Global HR best practice standards
- Ability to manage HR project rollouts and on-going people processes within a large organization
- Employee Relations Management
- Grievance & Disciplinary Management
- Labour Relations Administration
- Change Management
- Communication and Interpersonal Relations
- Supervisory/Managerial Skills
- Problem Solving and Decision Making
- Managing Resources
- Business Focus
- Designs and oversees the efficient delivery of transactional HR policies/processes and services to employees.
- Manages the disciplinary and grievance procedures for the organization and ensures compliance.
- Generates reports and insights on disciplinary and other people related processes while engaging relevant stakeholders with a view to drive improvement.
- Ensure that all Managers/Supervisors are trained in, understand and comply with disciplinary policies and processes.
- Oversees employee attrition and exit while generating insights for management update, decision making and or process improvement.
- Supervises all activities related to terminal benefits, voluntary retirement cases, loans and allowances, employee grievance and establishment matters
- Ensures the availability of right terms and conditions of service and enabling the right infrastructure and facilities that will enable a healthy work climate.
- Develops curriculums and training classes on harassment, discrimination and/or other related topics for deployment to employees.
- Responsible for managing Records Management Policy and all employee document storage or archival procedures in Employee Relations.
- Interprets and provides guidance on HR policies, practices, and procedures.
- Oversees the documentation of new hires and confirmation processing; observing trends, gaps and proffering solutions for process improvement.
- Facilitate appropriate consultation with external stakeholders in Labour such as the Ministry of Labour, Nigeria Employee Consultative Forum, Chartered Institute of Personal Management e.t.c.
- Monitor and ensure organization’s compliance with government regulations in labour matters
- Maintains effective relationship with labour unions to promote continued industrial harmony.
- Handles industrial disputes while participating in negotiation/dispute resolution sessions with the Union as required.
- Comply with Quality Management System / Occupational Health & Safety requirements including objectives and applicable regulations relating to assigned jobs
- Perform any other duties and/or projects as requested by the Head of Unit / Department
Deadline: 22nd November, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online