Heartland Alliance International (HAl) is the global arm of Heartland Alliance for Human Needs & Human Rights, a family of organizations that has been leading anti-poverty and social justice work in Chicago for more than 125 years. HAl implements programs in nearly a dozen countries on a range of global human rights issues, providing mental health and psychosocial services, access to justice for survivors of conflict or abuse, and high-quality stigma-free healthcare.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Human Resources Consultant
Position Type: Short Term Consultancy
Duration: 3 Months with possible extension
- Heartland Alliance International required the services of a Human Resources Consultant, who will be responsible for managing human resources for onboarding and off boarding consultants and staff for the Heartland Alliance International (HAl) Nigeria team.
Scope of work
- Manage human resources activities including hiring of personnel
- Handle confidential information with discretion and make reasoned judgments in a timely manner
- Ensure compliance with the labour laws as it relates to the employment.
- Develop and implement human resources management information system
- Ensure proper coordination between finance and human resources as it affects monthly payroll documentations.
- Provide guidelines and advise management on the administration of human resources policies and procedures.
- The consultant shall analyze HAl’s current HR needs and develop HR strategy for various scenario planning following the complex structure of HAl programs.
- Prepare selection memorandum and Salary Justification memorandum for new hires to be reviewed by the
- Operations Director and subsequently approved by the Country Director.
- Prepare all required new hire paperwork, including developing employment agreements, and conducting new staff orientations.
- Ensure all short-term consultants submit their invoices, deliverables and verify with the technical lead before payment is processed.
- Ensure the personnel files are updated and file
- Ensure Heartland Alliance Nigeria implements policies and procedures in accordance with local laws.
- Ensure scanning and proper documentation of all personnel files according to HAl procedures, donor requirements, and local laws.
- Establish grievance mediation processes.
- Any other task(s) assigned.
- Provide a bi-weekly progress report on the accomplished tasks.
Education and/or Experience
- A degree in Law, Finance, Business Administration, and/or Human Resources Management
- At least 6 years’ experience in similar position is preferred.
- Demonstrated experience and success managing and leading technical and administrative teams in the implementation of large, multi-country, development and health programs in developing country settings:
- Must have in-depth knowledge of USAID or other donors rules and regulations as they pertain to technical, financial and administrative project functions;
- Minimum of 4 years of management experience in a nonprofit organization;
- Comprehensive understanding of human resource principles, techniques and procedures as well as strategies to assess and resolve human resource issues.
- Proven ability to interact with all levels with comprehensive consultative, partnering, facilitating, and influencing/negotiating skills.
Deadline: 10th December, 2018.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send a full CV detailing all relevant professional experience and achievements, a Cover Letter detailing qualifications in relation to the position and three professional references to: firstname.lastname@example.org