Sellafield Energy Resources Limited is a leading provider of resources and services to Nigeria’s energy sectors. The company has within a short time emerged as a reference point in the sourcing and provision of personnel, technology, equipment and general materials, amongst other critical resources to our growing number of clients in oilfields and power plants operations.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Rig Electrician
- Shall provide for preventive, routine and non-routine maintenance and for the repair of the electrical equipment and machines and of the related control boards;
- Ensure that all reporting routines are followed and that all equipment related paperwork are carried out within his area of responsibility, such as maintenance records, updating of service and instruction manuals, instructing procedures, etc.; 3) Be familiar with reporting routines regarding the EDP based maintenance system on board;
- Keep the stock of spare parts and consumables for the equipment of his/her responsibility at the appropriate level by verifying the stock levels and reporting to his/her superiors the deficiencies taking in consideration future maintenance requirements and delivery time;
- Monitors the reliability of spare parts utilized;
- Supervise the disassembly, loading, unloading and assembly of the power plant and electrical devices and equipment; 7) Be familiar with all classification society and authorities rules and regulations applicable to his/her area of responsibility;
- Ensure that all orders and instructions received verbally or in writing are fully understood and adhered to;
- Be safety conscious in all his work and use compulsory protective equipment;
- Ensure he/she is familiar with all applicable work and safety procedures, and promote implementation of same;
- Ensure that before any maintenance activity is started, a proper investigation is carried out, precautions have been taken the equipment have been properly isolated from the main switchboard, the circuit breakers are locked, warning signs are posted and the “work permit” has been signed;
- Instruct all personnel assigned to him/her of their duties and responsibilities and of any special safety precautions to be taken prior to start-up of any work;
- Ensure that personnel working under his/her supervision as well as him/herself carry life vests and safety lines when working in exposed area or in around the moonpool;
- Promptly report all accidents, near-miss accidents, Non-Conformances and safety hazards to his/her immediate superior;
- Participate in safety meetings and safety drills held on board;
- Carry out his/her duties according to the Emergency Preparedness Action Plan when needed;
- Ensure good housekeeping in his/her working areas.
- 2 to 3 years working experience as an Electrician in rigs
- Good knowledge of English.
Job Title: Chief Rig Electrician
- The Chief Rig Electrician (offshore) is responsible for operation, maintenance and repair of all electrical equipment on the rig and in the camp, and for managing the electrical team. Service quality, job preparation, planning and safety are key priorities in this role. The position reports to the Rig Manager.
- Successful Chief Electricians learn and adapt quickly to problems and new situations, they pursue everything with energy, drive and a need to finish, and use logic to solve problems with effective solutions. They are good listeners and can communicate effectively with managers, peers and clients. They work well independently and within a team and are committed to continuous improvement.
- Participates in pre-tour and tool-box meetings with all team members.
- Complies fully with all QHSE requirements, policies and standards, and wears required personal protective equipment (PPE) at all times.
- Completes formal training sessions on QHSE and technical subjects.
- Obtains all required certifications.
- Maintains all equipment in good, safe working order and reports any problems or deviations.
- Performs preventive and corrective maintenance on electrical equipment on the rig and the camp.
- Is fully familiar with preventive maintenance programs.
- Writes analytical reports.
- Supports the development of employees and acts as a mentor.
- Sets annual objectives for subordinate employees and reviews them periodically.
- Participates in QHSE audits.
- Sets a safe work example to the team.
- Industrial Electrical or Electronics certificate or equivalent.
- Minimum seven years’ field experience with similar equipment onshore or offshore, preferably on an oil well drilling rig.
Job Title: Chief Mate
Duties & Responsibilities
The Chief Mate assists the Master in all vessel command and has whatever authority, the Master delegates upon him / her:
- Assist the Master and learn all aspects of ships command with a view to eventual promotion.
- Act as the ship’s Safety Officer.
- Committed to Safety and Company Procedures in all tasks.
- Keep the deck department inventory up to date.
- Allocate and ensure that all duties appertaining to deck department are carried out in a safe and efficient manner.
- Responsible for ensuring that the ship’s LSA, Fi-Fi, anti-pollution and medical equipment is kept updated and in operational condition.
- Responsible for ensuring that all mooring, anchor handling and towing equipment are regularly maintained and in operational order.
- Responsible for loading, stowing and discharging of all deck cargoes and cleaning of bulk tanks; In charge of the deck ratings and their duties.
- Assist physically on deck during special operations such as anchor handling and towing.
- Responsible for the training of deck cadets and deck crew.
- Carry out crew appraisals.
- Carry out watch keeping duties.
- Is in charge of the vessel’s chart corrections. Can delegate the task to a junior Officer but remains nevertheless responsible of the corrections.
- Supervise mooring and unmooring of vessel in port and at offshore locations.
- Ensure that the accommodation is kept in a clean, tidy and hygienic state.
- Line reporting and functional linkage
- This position will report directly to the Master.
- The Chief Mate shall have at least two year oil field experience as Chief Mate, Master or Relief Master on rig supply or work vessels.
- The Chief Mate shall at all times during the term of the Contract be in possession of a valid License and STCW endorsement as set out in Basic Marine Vessel Specifications and Requirements.
Job Title: Rig Doctor
- Responsible for attending to medical accidents and caring for sick personnel and crews on the Rigs and Work-Over-Units.
- Acts as the HSE Mangers adviser on all matters related to hospital services, staff health, health reporting and the hygienic conditions at all clinics and sick bay facilities.
- Check and secure that each crew has passed their medical examination before taking aboard.
- Respond to accidents and or ill crew member.
- Responsible for supervising all company Occupational Health Nurses (OHN) and ensuring that company clinics and operated in accordance with best practice.
- Assuring enough supply of medicines and other medical equipment on rig and all other operated clinics.
- Keeping medical records of each crew.
- Periodic review of MO policy and advising management on all medically related issues.
- Plan and execute in-house training and development projects relating to health, medical awareness sessions, sanitation and first aid.
- Providing input on Site Specific Emergency Response Planning.
- Assist HSE Manager or Safety Officer in their duties as required.
- Other tasks as required by HSE or Management.
Education and Training Requirements:
- Must be a graduate of a medical school and must hold a license to practice as a medical doctor.
- Must have first-aid or emergency response training (EMT, AHLS, ACLS, First Responder, etc.)
- Must have at least 5 years experience working as a medical staff
Skills and Competency Requirements:
- Must have basic knowledge of rig operations and typical exposure of staff to rig related medical stresses, illnesses and accidents.
- Must have basic knowledge of treatment of accidents and trauma cases/emergency Injuries.
- Must have knowledge of fit-to-work administration.
- Must be familiar with Emergency Rescue and Evacuations.
- Must have knowledge and skills in dealing with accidents and minor and major illnesses.
- Must have knowledge in basic pharmacy; can prescribe effective medications.
- Basic knowledge in record keeping.
HSE, BSc, Engineering, EPC, Oil & Gas, Operations
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications and CV to: email@example.com