Axis Human Capital Limited – Our client, a Non Governmental Organization, specialized in promoting social justice, human rights and governance, and based in Dakar is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Officer (Bilingual)
Reports to: The Director of Programs
- We seeks to hire an experienced Monitoring and Evaluation Officer who will set up and execute a Monitoring and Evaluation System for the Strategic Plan, programs, projects and activities of the organization.
- Build, complete or update the results and performance indicators of these projects, as well as tools for measuring impact.
- Organize the collection of quantitative and qualitative data at different phases of the project (for example from context analyses and baselines to significant stories of change), by different stakeholders (Project officers, partners), and in various countries.
- Consolidate and treat data collected by the project officers and other stakeholders and make it usable and visible (especially data documenting the achievement of “outputs”, “outcomes”, etc.).
- Submit a monthly activity report to the Director of Programs, and two bi-annual summary reports (mid-year and end of year)
- Help prepare the budget and help with financial reporting of general activities and M&E activities.
- Draft, execute and give account of budget allocated for evaluations.
- Consolidate the activity and periodic reports expected, in compliance with project documents and contractual obligations towards donors.
- Ensure ownership and use of M&E systems and tools by PCs;
- Organize specific training sessions for staff and partners and provide capacity building for M&E project officers.
Requirement and Experiences
- Postgraduate qualification in Social Sciences, Political Science, Project Management, Communication. Certificate in M&E.
- 7 -10 years professional experience in project management within an international development NGO.
- 5 years successful experience in monitoring and evaluation of complex projects.
- Proven practice of Theory of Change; perfect mastery of logical frameworks.
- Good experience with European Union and USAID M&E procedures.
- Experience in Communication and Media, and on gender issues.
- Good knowledge of development issues and stakeholders, especially the civil society in West Africa
- Work experience in a multi-cultural environment.
- Mastery of written and spoken English and French.
- Independent and capable of taking initiative.
- This role will involve travel to the countries in which the organization carries out its activities (West Africa).
Job Title: Director of Programs (Bilingual)
- The ideal candidate will be responsible for designing, planning, coordinating, evaluating and reporting on projects carried out by project coordinators and officers, consultants and partners.
- He / She will report to the Director General
- Operationalize the organization’s programs and projects strategy.
- He/she is accountable to the Director General for the results of the implementation of the strategy, within the scope of the human and material resources put at his/her disposal.
- Contribute to and help define the annual and multi-annual programmatic strategy of the organization
- Contribute to the institutional development of the organization: strengthening human and financial resources, the visibility and recognition of the institution.
- Provide reports on projects for management.
Designing of programs, projects and activities:
- Help organize and contribute to reflections on the general strategy by keeping up-to-date knowledge of the organization’s context of intervention (stakes and stakeholders);
- Prepare, animate and supervise collective strategic reflection and planning exercises (formulation of General Annual Action Plans of programs and projects by Project Coordinators); finalize and validate Action Plans, their coherence and their feasibility;
- Direct and validate concept notes, framework documents, TORs of activities, etc., expected from the Project Coordinators relative to the projects and specific activities managed by the latter.
Planning, monitoring and coordination:
- Ensure that project activities, and their different steps are planned with precision, following the appropriate schedule (weekly, monthly, quarterly, etc.).
- He/she will ensure that planning and monitoring tools are in place and well used; that the schedule is respected; makes sure corrective measures are identified and implemented; verifies and evaluates their execution.
- Supervise and manage project coordinators.
- Ensure that all expected results are evaluated, and the results obtained are demonstrated and that these evaluations are documented.
- Ensure that the effectiveness and efficiency of activities are documented. This is done by supervising the internal (PC, M&E) and external human resources in charge of these evaluations.
Human Resource Management:
- Evaluate the performance of project coordinators
- Encourage and facilitates teamwork between staff, ensures that the values of the organization are respected, and contributes to the development of a corporate culture within the institution.
Financial Resource Development:
- Assist with fundraising – drafting project documents; donor relations, etc.
- Proposes or approves the budgeting of activities of projects developed, which he/she submits to the DAF for approval.
- Contributes to/supervise the drafting and execution of the budget of the activities implemented in the programs.
Institutional visibility and communication:
- Promote the image and visibility of the organization.
- Draft communication materials (pamphlets, films, etc.).
- Represent the organization before the press, on social media and during events.
Requirements and Experience
- Postgraduate qualification in Social Sciences, Political Science or Management of organizations.
- 10 years’ experience in top management positions and supervision of complex development projects
- Experience in management, animation and capacity building of large teams
- Perfect mastery and proven experience in project design (logical framework, theory of change)
- Perfect mastery of monitoring and evaluation tools.
- Experience in the direct management of operational budgets of more than 1 million euros per year
- Successful experience in fundraising
- Capacity to coordinate and organize work in a team
- Capacity to manage complex programs and projects (multi-country/regional and large multi-annual budgets)
- Experience working in a multi-cultural environment
- Capacity to function in a system characterized by multiple and complex interactions (different actors of different levels…) and to handle unexpected demands and a heavy workload.
- Excellent interpersonal and networking skills, capacity to motivate teams, interact with internal and external stakeholders and work in a multicultural environment
- Excellent understanding, speaking and drafting skills in French (or English), good comprehension, speaking and drafting skills in English (or the other working language – French).
- Capacity to present their activities and those of the institution to different audiences.
Job Title: Director General (Bilingual)
- The ideal candidate will be responsible for managing, supervising and providing report on the management and development of the organization.
- He/She will report to the Management Board.
- Propose a multi-year, programmatic, institutional and financial strategy to the Board of Directors and implement the latter.
- Provide guidance for the development and execution of projects.
- Develop the regional and international reputation of the organization and its presence in the region with respect to financial and operational partners and public authorities.
- Planning, quality control and reporting on projects and programs
- Achieve results and outputs expected of the organization and measure them according to international and contractual standards.
- Ensure that evaluation and quality control methodologies exist and are implemented, in line with the organization’s general and sectoral strategies and in accordance with contractual obligations.
- Ensure that work plans are prepared, approved, implemented and respected. That reports are submitted within deadlines and according to agreed quality standards.
Human Resource Management:
- Ensure that staff performance is systematically and regularly evaluated, and that talent is rewarded.
- Ensure that the staff adheres to the values of the institution and develops a friendly working environment based on the quest for excellence, efficiency and teamwork.
- In charge of the management of financial resources, ensuring financial sustainability and risk management.
- Conduct fundraising in line with the programmatic and institutional development strategy of the organization.
- Supervise the drafting of the institution’s financial strategy, conduct and control its implementation.
- Orient, control and approve the drafting of expenditure budgets (annual and project) proposed by the Department of Administration and Finance.
- Control and approve the operations and expenditures earmarked in the budget, following proposals from the DAF.
Requirement and Experiences
- Proven knowledge of regional issues related to media (including social media), human rights (notably the rights of women, youth and minors), democratic governance (fight against corruption, environmental management, migration), and the stakeholders involved.
- High-level managerial experience in project management in the above-mentioned fields; mastery of international norms and technical standards in project Monitoring and Evaluation (especially performance-based management).
- Exercise of these decision-making functions in a complex organization (multi-country; multi-project; multicultural; staff with diverse skillsets).
- Proven experience in the exercise of strategic leadership within a team and with partners (donors, authorities, CSOs – including media organizations, etc.-).
- Good knowledge of donors and experience in negotiation and project drafting, etc
- Experience in high-level institutional representation.
- Capacity to work (verbal and in writing) simultaneously in French and English.
- All cvs and cover letters should be in English and French.
Deadline: 20th December, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letters to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- All CV and Cover Letters should be in English and French
- Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
- Priority will be given to citizens from African and West African States