LCB Director Assistant Job at the International NGO Safety Organisation
International NGO Safety Organisation (INSO), founded in 2011, is a British charity that supports the safety of aid workers by establishing safety coordination platforms in insecure contexts. INSO provides registered NGOs with a range of free services including real-time incident tracking, analytical reports, safety related data and mapping, crisis management support, staff orientations and training.
Since becoming registered in Nigeria, INSO has developed a strong country wide approach, supporting NGOs working on Lake Chad Basin Crisis from all neighbouring countries. The coordination office operates from Abuja overseeing two operational offices in Maiduguri, Nigeria and in Maroua, Cameroon.
We are seeking a qualified and experienced individual to fill the position below:
Job Title: LCB Director Assistant
- The Director’s Assistant is responsible for providing administrative and project cycle’s reporting support to the CD and in his/her absence to the acting director.
- This position requires travel across the Lake Chad Basin Region (Cameroon, Niger and Nigeria).
We are actually seeking for a Director’s Assistant to support the Director of the Lake Chad Basin region in the following areas:
- Office Management
- Act as the initial contact point for the Country Director. On a daily basis, respond promptly to questions from Senior Leadership Managers who need to contact and get responses from the director.
- Prepares and administers attendance lists
- Coordinates equipment etc, required for meetings with the support department
- Project Management & Reporting
- Ensure proper Records & Data Management
- Preparation of the planning and documentation of indicators and results with operational teams
- Follows up on donors’ reporting deadlines
- Liaise with department, in order to collect data for the preparation of donors and internal reporting
- Preparing responses to incoming and outgoing donors’ correspondence, as required
- Handle sensitive project information with great tact, discretion and judgment
- Travel Management
- Maintains electronic and hard-copy filing system of the Director’s Office
- Ensure reception and guidance of external visitors
- Organizes and updates of the director’s Outlook calendar
- Manages the Management Leave / Mission Calendar
- Manages of meeting participants: invitations; reminders; status updates, etc.
- Drafts and circulates meeting agendas and protocols
- Prepares minutes of meetings of senior management and partners
- Drafts and circulates memos and staff;
- Manages the Director and Deputy’s travel itineraries in conjunction with the support department
- Coordinates, monitors and makes travel and logistical arrangements for the director and deputy, in conjunction with the support department.
In order to qualify as successful candidate, you should have:
- Degree in Business, Management or Administration related studies.
- At least two (2) two years’ experience in supporting organisations’ Senior Management
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Working knowledge of French
- Desirable experience with humanitarian NGOs.
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel, internet)
- Nigerian nationality
Key Personal Competencies:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and ability to work in a multi-cultural environment
- Knowledge of project cycle management
- High level of confidentiality and integrity
- Experience of working under high pressure, in fast-paced environments
- Strong service orientation with the ability to proactively approach clients to understand their needs and to find effective solutions
- Strong organizational skills ability to handle multiple priorities in an autonomous manner
Deadline: 22nd December, 2018.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org writing in the subject of the mail: “INSO Director Assistant – Abuja”
In order to be considered the application must contain the three (3) following documents:
- Curriculum Vitae (up to 3 pages maximum)
- Cover Letter specifying how your profile and experience meet the mandatory requirements.