HarvestPlus on behalf of the International Institute of Tropical Agriculture seeks suitable Nigerian for the position below at its country office in Ibadan:
Job Title: Monitoring, Learning & Evaluation Officer
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
Recruitment Type: National (2-year renewable contract)
Successful candidate will among other things perform the following duties:
- Lead in the design and implementation of the M&E country strategy in close collaboration with the global senior monitoring specialist;
- Lead the development and regular review of the country level Theory of Change (ToC) to ensure that it is actively used to inform program delivery strategy and evaluations;
- Develop the country specific monitoring framework using the global framework and prepare and submit M&E inputs as per the Results Framework;
- Identify program specific indicators for program monitoring and develop monitoring tools to track program implementation;
- Lead the development and operation of the country program databases;
- Lead in the design and implementation of monitoring surveys;
- Lead the development and implementation of country annual M&E work plan and budget;
- Establish baseline values for selected indicators where necessary;
- Collect monitoring data from implementing partners, analyze and share results with relevant stakeholders;
- Adopt and implement global M&E data quality guidelines at country level to ensure high data quality;
- Plan and facilitate progress review and reflection platforms;
- Assist country program units to develop specific results frameworks for annual business plans;
- Prepare periodic reports to meet management and donor reporting requirements
- Coordinate data collection across the various functions within the country program for global reporting;
- Adopt and implement global M&E capacity building strategy at country staff and implementing partner level;
- Attend, participate and provide necessary input to national and international M&E workshops and trainings;
- Perform any other M&E related duties as assigned by the Country Manager and/or Head, M&E.
The ideal candidate must:
- Be experienced in designing, implementing and maintaining M&E systems in the agricultural and nutrition sector.
- Have experience in managing quantitative and qualitative data and analyzing it using spreadsheets software such as SPSS, CSPro, Excel and STATA.
- Have demonstrated success in working in multi-disciplinary teams and partnerships in a collaborative research work.
- Have ability and willingness to travel to program sites to monitor implementation processes and perform data quality control.
- Have excellent leadership, training and facilitation skills.
- Have excellent interpersonal skills with advanced written and verbal communication skills.
- Have ability to multi-task and work under pressure.
- Have excellent team playing skills with the ability to also work with minimum supervision.
- Master’s Degree in Agricultural Economics, Agriculture or related field with minimum of Six (6) years’ experience in performing similar or related roles.
We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
Deadline: 11th December, 2018.
Method of Application
Interested applicants should complete the online application attaching detailed Cover letter and Curriculum Vitae saved with their names in Microsoft word format. The application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include the applicant’s current or previous direct Supervisor, professional colleague and evidence of current remuneration package.
Click here for more information (PDF)
Note: IITA is an equal opportunity employer and particularly welcomes applications from female candidates.