We are an organization with a focus on delivering excellent service to the customers and providing customer satisfaction through reliable power distributions.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Network Administrator
Location:Ibadan , Oyo
- To design, install and support IBEDC’s computer and communication systems. To design and install LANs, WANs, Internet and intranet systems, and network segment
- Manages the network infrastructure environment across the organisation
- Installs and supports LANs, WANs, network segments, Internet, and intranet systems for a robust information and communication network
- Installs and maintains network hardware and software
- Evaluates, diagnoses and troubleshoots complex hardware/software issues
- Determines network and system requirements
- Designs and deploys new network solutions
- Maintain stock records for network equipment
- Identifies user needs and ensures network availability – Ensure Network Capacity and Availability Needs are met
- Evaluates and modifies system’s performance – Network Performance Monitoring and analysis, , system load/stress testing, and vendor management
- Maintains the integrity of the network, server deployment, and security.
- Ensures network connectivity throughout IBEDC’s LAN/WAN infrastructure is at par with technical considerations.
- Administers servers, desktop computers, printers, routers, switches, firewalls, phones, personal digital assistants, smartphones, software deployment, security updates and patches
- Supports network and internet protocols and applications including WINS, DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP, SNMP, SMTP, Routing, OSPF, BGP, H.323, Link Aggregation, Network Redundancy, Spanning Tree and VLans utilising a fiber/copper/MPLS backbone
- Keeps abreast of current and emerging IT infrastructure trends and potential applications
Qualifications and Requirements
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related areas
- Professional qualification in one of the following Is required: MCP, MCSE, CCNA, CCNP etc.
- A recognized professional IT certification in relevant areas e.g. architectural frameworks, project management, etc.
- At least 10+ years’ experience in IT with specific focus on architecture development, infrastructure architecture domain, etc
Functional Competence Requirements:
- Knowledge of JunOS, Cisco IOS software upgrades/patch management best practices in an Enterprise environment
- Good knowledge in the following applications & technology – Infrastructure architecture Modelling and Management tools, ERPs and Microsoft technologies, Infrastructure technologies
- Demonstrated ability to apply network management to the entire infrastructure.
- Demonstrated ability to apply detail documentation to ensure service levels are maintained
- A clear knowledge and understanding of infrastructure architecture reference framework and standards
- Capable of working across a broad range of technical domains
Deadline: 14th November, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- When the page opens, click on “See Vacancies” and select “Network Administration” to apply accordingly
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.