NTD Technical Manager Job at Christoffel Blinden Mission (CBM)
CBM is an international Christian development organization, committed to improving the quality of life of persons with disabilities in the poorest communities of the world. CBM works in partnership with local civil society organizations’, communities, government and in alliance with international organizations in Africa and the rest of the world.
We are recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: NTD Technical Manager – Country Office Nigeria
Main Objective of the Role
Reporting to the CO Programme Manager role:
- Takes the responsibility for leading the NTD unit. S/he will oversee the planning, implementation and reporting on the NTD programmes and provide NTD programmatic and technical support to the implementing partners. S/he will be the point of contact with the FMOH, to ensure support at all levels, and compliance with government NTD approaches and plans.
- The NTD Technical Advisor will work as an integral part of the CBM Nigeria Country office; for accurate support to the partners, s/he will spend up to 50% of working time with them or in the field projects. This role will directly support the achievement of the Nigerian Government’s goals for LF, onchocerciasis, and trachoma elimination and control of soil-transmitted helminths and schistosomiasis.
We Are Looking For Someone Who Will
- Lead on development of NTD strategy and operational planning and budget development for NTD programmes in Nigeria;
- Oversee NTD proposal writing and budget preparation for resource mobilisation;
- Oversee the implementation of NTD programmes and the effective integration of FMoH NTD master plan activities, in accordance with work plan and budget;
- Ensure robust program monitoring and evaluation, disease mapping, and routine program surveys/assessments in collaboration with the Ministry of Health;
- Provide technical assistance to CBM partners in all aspects of NTD control and elimination;
- Support partners in the design and planning of new NTD programmes, in discussion with donors;
- Provide formal and informal training to staff;
- Support partners in the implementation and monitoring of CBM’s programme for strengthening drug management and reporting – Strengthening Mectizan Distribution and Reporting (SMDR);
- Represent CBM in disease specific meetings at national level (eg. NTD Steering Committee meetings, Elimination committee meetings) and make technical presentations.
- Develop good working relationships and collaboration where appropriate, with other national and international NTD NGOs.
We Are Looking For Someone Who has
- Master’s Degree in Public Health or other relevant discipline and at least 10 years’ progressive experience implementing and leading technical and program activities for donor-funded health programs. Experience in implementing NTD programs and other infectious diseases in Nigeria ;
- Past experience working with DFAT, ENDFUND, BMZ, GIZ projects. Understanding of their policies and guidelines.
- Experience in all aspects of program management: conceiving, planning, organizing, implementing, monitoring and evaluating.
- Excellent communication, supervisory and interpersonal skills, demonstrated leadership, management, and the ability to work collaboratively across multiple disciplines.
- Demonstrated experience managing and analyzing NTD data along with knowledge of reporting procedures, best practices, guidelines, and tools for M&E.
- Experience in disability meanstreaming in programme developement .
- Willingness to travel within Nigeria frequently and ability to travel internationally.
- Professional proficiency in English: Strong English oral and written communication and presentation skills.
- Computer literate, demonstrated experience in Microsoft Packages (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Access) and good report writing skills.
This position has a national compensation package and is subject to local employment and immigration laws.
Deadline: 27th November, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Motivation Letter in English to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The future job holder will adhere to CBM’s values and commits to CBM’s Code of Conduct and Safeguarding Policy.
- CBM encourages persons with disabilities to apply for this position.
- The role is a permanent contract located in Abuja, Nigeria.