Pharmacy Supervisor Job at Medecins Sans Frontieres, 6th Nov., 2018
Medecins Sans Frontières is a private, international organisation. The organisation is made up mainly of doctors and health sector workers and is also open to all other professions which might help in achieving its aims.
Medecins Sans Frontières provides assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflict. They do so irrespective of race, religion, creed or political convictions.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Pharmacy Supervisor
Contract Period: Indefinite
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensuring storage, stock management and supply processes, as well as hygiene and security procedures, tools, and protocols (controlling pests and rodents), implementing appropriate quality controls and records, in order to ensure good storage conditions (temperatures, humidity and light exposure) and availability of drugs and medical material, according to MSF protocols, national regulations and in cooperation with the logistics department.
- Coordinating the delivery, reception and recording of international and local orders, in close coordination with the logistics department, updating stock files and informing line managers on their status (shortfalls, over-stocking, expiry dates), in order to permanently ensure security stock levels and ensure efficient management of stock.
- Supervising orders of medical and drug material in order to ensure an efficient and appropriate consumption pattern under budget constraints.
- Supervising the supply of drugs to patients, according to medical prescriptions, informing them on consumption patterns and keeping conditions in order to ensure their therapeutic progression Ensuring efficient supply to other pharmacies managed/supported byMSF according to orders and stocks, and using cold chain when needed.
- Monitoring and analysing orders of depending pharmacies in order to avoid ruptures of stock or having expired drugs.
- Supervising, with the HR department, the associated processes (sizing, staff shifts, recruitment, training, performance evaluation, development and internal/external communication) of the page 1 of 2 pharmaceutical team and the nursing staff, in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required and to improve their dispensing capabilities.
- Recording all items received and issued in computer (Isystock) and reporting on drug consumptions and medical equipment dispensed according to protocols, informing on unusual patterns as well as forecasting future needs, in order to rationalise the budget and to ensure availability. Assisting in training of nursing staff regarding dispensing of drugs and their side effects
Minimum Required Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Pharmacy is essential; Master’s degree is an added advantage
- Minimum of 2 years in stock management and clinical pharmacy.
- Strong sense of organisation and attention to details.
- Experience in an international INGO or a similar setting is desirable
Deadline: 9th November, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit Hard Copies of their Application, including Cover Letter, Resume and copy of relevant Certificates (NYSC Certificates/Exemption letters) to:
MSF Belgium Human Resources Office,
No. 14 Tennessee Crescent,
Send their Soft Copy to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Only short-listed candidates will be notified and invited for interview; MSF Belgium takes this opportunity to thank all potential candidates for their application.
- The position is open to all Nigeria citizens.
- MSF is an equal opportunity employer, both men and women are encouraged to apply.