Adexen Recruitment Agency – Our client, a leading Engineering / Construction / Real Estate company operating in Nigeria is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Planner –Expatriate
Job Reference: 1514
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Industry: Construction & Real Estate
- To establish, maintain and operate a planning system in accordance with the Planning Procedures, providing effective planning control/technical support to the project team throughout the life of each project, in order to bring about a successful contract completion.
The planner carries out various responsibilities throughout Tender, Contract Stage and contract completion and has the following duties:
- Reviews tender documents and produces a list of planning deliverables.
- Attends strategy meetings to allow a full understanding of the bid scope and current status, and also produces schedule relating to planning aspects.
- Attends a Contract Commencement Meeting to discuss with the project team the strategy in which the programme and method has been based on, reviews programme, method and logistics.
- Ensures the Master Contract Programme is issued to the client.
- Prepares monthly project reports encompassing technical, operational and contractual issues.
- Ability to work closely with Project Managers and other team members throughout the design process in order to prepare and maintain master resource schedules, provides assistance and guidance where required.
- Implements structured work methods to maintain high performance levels within design teams.
- Professional and practical experiences in schedule development.
- Coordinates with site team to check on progress and issues.
- Coordinates and monitors other departments to ensure design received on time, subcontracts placed when required and materials arrive on site when necessary.
- Manpower planning.
- Demonstrated scheduling skills, with the development of logic, durations and constraints with project teams for each task assignment.
- Monitors and reports critical path and schedule performance.
- Updates actual progress and forecasts remaining work schedule.
- Diploma /Degree in Engineering
- Minimum 10 years experience as a planner
- Has already managed large projects
- Excellent communications skills
- Experience using Microsoft Project Software or Primavera software
- Previous experience in emerging markets/West Africa is a plus
Attractive expatriate package.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online