Midwestern is a Nigerian company involved in Exploration and Production of Oil and Gas. The company operates a joint venture with Sun Trust Oil Co. Limited in its Marginal Field in the Southern region of the country. Midwestern prides itself in hiring highly trained and motivated personnel who are driven to achieving its various aims and objectives, particularly the need for the organization to attain steady growth while operating in an environmentally safe community.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Process Engineer
- Identify development, modification or de-commissioning options , formulate and evaluate facilities development options
- Using the resource model(s) and subsurface development option(s) examine the feasibility of design concepts
- For the preferred facilities development concept, prepare a preliminary Project Execution Plan, including preliminary Operations Philosophy, Stakeholder Management Plan, Contracting Strategy, Operations Readiness & Assurance Plan
- Define technical, commercial and organisational details required to execute the project. Prepare the necessary documentation to support final investment decision
- Perform basic equipment sizing, process modelling and simulations to optimise separations and maximize ultimate oil recovery from the production facility using Hysis, Pipesim, Prosper, Embal & Gap etc.
- Optimise & then compile conceptual design into the Project Specification
- Prepare a Basis for Design to catalogue the functional requirements for the chosen facilities concept, modification or de-commissioning
- Define the performance standards including safety critical elements, Technical Integrity Management Framework for Facilities
- Develop capital and operating costs, schedule estimates and ensure the full range of facilities concepts has been considered in feasibility study
- Assess identified concepts and scenarios, and elect preferred development scenario. Prepare Development Plan and preliminary Project Execution Plan
- Prepare facilities design concepts integrated with the various subsurface development scenarios by defining and evaluating options for operating the field including production availability and supporting resources. Carry out HSE and risk analysis for each option
- For each development concept prepare cost and schedule estimates for the facilities including all aspects of the evacuation system from wellhead to point of sale
- Propose the preferred facilities development concept as part of the contribution to the Field Development Plan. Highlight the risks and uncertainties
- Identify and perform system upgrade for optimum production performance
- Critically evaluate all rotating equipment functionality and ensure performance within operating envelope
- Perform basic process checks and flow assurance for new well tie-ins.
- Ensure proper system integration of the various assets, well head control systems, SCADA OMNI and PLC
- Support operations team with production programming
- Optimise produced water quality and well disposal
- Ensure development and full compliance with relevant standards: National, API, ANSI, ASME, IEEE, ICSA, etc.
- Prepare projects scope, cost, ITT and manage contractors and team interfaces
- Ensure that all Engineering work is performed to a quality standard, which fits the purpose for which it is intended and establish projects plans in line with HSE, quality, schedule, reports and monitor progress milestone
- Provide detailed facilities engineering information and inputs to field development activities and asset evaluation report
- Update risk register & management plan, identify major health, safety and environmental risks and prepare mitigation plans. Demonstrate HSE risks to be As Low As Reasonably Practicable (ALARP).
- Complete detailed design, construct and pre-commission new or modified facilities for Hydrocarbon systems, complete commissioning of all systems. Prepare performance tests and data/documentation required for handover of facilities. Execute decommissioning activities.
- Report, monitor and control progress against plan and take corrective action as appropriate
- Compile detailed design drawings and documents, equipment specifications, materials take-offs across process, mechanical, electrical, control, telecommunications, IT, pipelines & civil/structural disciplines
- Seek and obtain approvals from government, regulator, partner and other stakeholders
- Complete pre-start up audit
- Complete inspection of decommissioned facilities, reinstated site, completeness of documentation & any budgets in accordance with hand-over agreement.
- The role reports directly to the Head Projects
Work Experience/ Qualifications
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience
- Experience working in a service company will be an added advantage
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering in either Chemical, Process, Civil, Structural and Electrical/Instrumentation
- Msc in Process or Automation Engineering will be an added advantage.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online