Rossland Screening Solutions – Our client, a leading player in Agribusiness in Nigeria is looking for a self-driven individual to fill the position below:
Job Title: Procurement Officer
Role Objective / Summary
- To ensure effectiveness of existing controls and efficiency of the procurement process through cost effective and timely delivery of quality Agric products and services to support the day to day operations of the business.
Role and Duties
- Providing leadership and management to the purchasing department staff (procurement and stores), managing their performance, motivating, coaching and training them accordingly
- Ensure smooth, speedy and efficient procurement of goods and services by ensuring that once goods are ordered there is follow up and they get to the customers at least within three days
- Ensure that the warehouse is well arranged and that all items are well labeled and arranged for ease of counting during stock take and easy identification of items as well as ensure that bin cards are updated at all times
- Forecast procurement needs and establishing lead times for various commodities
- Ensuring that international purchases are processed efficiently from order, shipping to clearing. This will include liaison with the import company / agent
- Negotiate and agree on best prices, favourable credit and payment terms with the suppliers
- Conduct first review of supplier invoices to ensure compliance with order and goods received at warehouse
- Prepare payment request and liaise with finance department to ensure accurate and timely payment of invoices, as necessary for the business with the suppliers
- Development, facilitation, implementation, monitoring & review of procurement / stores policies and procedures
- Liaising closely with other departmental heads to plan procurement and inventory requirements. Receive requests from different sections and prepare purchase plans with a view of ensuring cost effectiveness, timely procurement and quality goods
- Build and maintain effective supplier relationships to ensure that supplier performance consistently meets and exceed business expectation. This will include measuring supplier performance in terms of time / delivery of quality products
- Organize the preparation of bid bonds, performance bonds, marine insurance cover and letters of credit as well as ensuring these are sent to the respective persons.
- Follow up and ensure cancellation of expired bid bonds and performance bonds
- Ensure quarterly stock takes in conjunction with the store’s supervisor. Analyze and explain all stock variances if any
- Advise the Finance manager on best procurement and stores management procedures
- Oversee the procurement of company assets in a timely, efficient and cost-effective manner
- Ensure stocks are managed at optimum levels to avoid overstocking or under stocking.
- B.Sc/ HND in a Business related course or equivalent
- A chartered institute of purchasing and supply (CIPS) qualification
- A Masters degree will be an added advantage
- Minimum 5 years senior management experience in Procurement or Supply Chain Management
- Must be conversant with handling purchases from farmers
- Experience in developing inventory and procurement systems within an ERP environment
- Working knowledge of import and export requirements
- Specific experience in managing diverse and dynamic teams with a proven track record of engaging and / or managing staff and partners at both senior and junior levels
- High level of integrity.
- Strong strategic thinking, formulation and implementation skills including the ability to communicate strategy and impact concisely and simply
- Strong leadership and management skills
- Strong presentation, communication and personal effectiveness skills, with the ability to influence others to achieve objectives and gain consensus
- Sound decision making and judgment capabilities
- Good problem solving and analytical skills
Deadline: 5th December, 2018.
How to Apply
nterested and qualified candidates should send their Application Letter indicating current and expected salary and detailed CV to: email@example.com
Note: Only successful candidates will be contacted.