Rigging & Lifting Coordinator Job Vacancy at Pivot GIS Limited
Pivot GIS Limited, initially a joint venture between Pivot Engineering Company Limited (PECL) and GIS Inc. on 50-50 basis, was founded in 2004. GIS, Inc. was founded in 1948 in USA by Mr. Clyde Pregeant, Snr. with core business focus on Onshore Construction, Offshore Maintenance & Brownfield activities in the Gulf of Mexico region, USA. GIS is based in Galliano, Louisiana.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Rigging & Lifting Coordinator
Qualified candidates should have the following:
- B.Sc/HND in Engineering.
- Must have LEEA with relevant work experience.
- Must be proficient in the use of computers and software.
- A minimum of 15 years work experience in maintenance support, 5 years which must have been spent at a superintendent level managing large crews of skilled labour, in particular the oil and gas sector in the sector in the field of the plant projects, maintenance, turnarounds.
- Extensive experience of equipment maintenance practices and procedures used in a modern gas plant or similar hydrocarbon industrial environment.
- Able to schedule and plan activities.
- A good working knowledge of industry best practices for health, safety and environmental management supervisor providing training and guidance to Rigging and Lifting Teams.
- A good working knowledge of maintenance documentation systems.
- Extensive experience working on heavy lifts.
- Very strong experience working with cranes.
- Strong knowledge of rigging assembly analysis using suitable software.
- Good understanding of lifting equipment selection dynamics.
- Good appreciation of the risk of lifting operations in a congested operational life gas plant.
Interpersonal Skills / Competencies:
- Strong written and oral communication skills possess good report writing, planning and relationship management skills.
- Conversant with project/maintenance management systems like Pacer, SAP, MS, Project, Primavera, Excel, Power Point & Word.
Principal Responsibilities, Basic Functions & Accountability
- To ensure full compliance with safe Lifting practices in Nigeria LNG Plant maintenance and safe cargo movement within the plant facility.
- Supervise and coordinate on Lifting equipment safe operation with all concerned.
- Provide guidance on Lifting equipment Management systems and for continuous improvement.
- Optimize resources (manpower, equipment and materials) to ensure efficient and timely delivery.
- Able to demonstrate excellent organizational skills, following policies, procedures and work practices, and developing improvement where necessary.
- Understand and able to mentor subordinates in work scope preparation, Lifting and loading Plan preparation processes.
- Familiar with and enforces strict compliance with relevant Quality Assurance and Safety procedures, plus company rules and regulations.
- Coordinate and lead Rigging and Lifting crews, ensure all aspects of performance and work are in compliance with NLNG Work instructions, procedures and specification and completed within planned time and budget constraints.
Deadline; 10th December, 2018.
How To Apply:
Interested and qualified candidates should address and send their formal Application Letter, CV, Credentials to the “HR Lead, Pivot GIS Limited” via: firstname.lastname@example.org