C&I Leasing Plc was incorporated in 1990 as a limited liability company and was subsequently licensed by the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) as a finance company, to provide amongst other services, operating and finance leases.
The company has since grown to be one of the largest equipment leasing and rentals company in Nigeria with 2016 revenues of N17 billion, a staff strength of over 5,500 people and subsidiaries in Nigeria, United Arab Emirates and Ghana. The company also has three main business lines namely; Fleet Management, Personnel & Business Process Outsourcing and the Marine business.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Exploration Geologist
Job Type: Full Time
45% Technical – Exploration Geologist to be Petroleum system analysis, New Play concept, prospect generation and maturation:
- Develop strong leads, generate prospects, mature these prospects; and work within a multidisciplinary team.
- Conduct sequence stratigraphic well correlation, sedimentary facies prediction, seismic sequence stratigraphy and chronostratigraphy.
- Plan, coordinate and supervise third party geological studies to support reservoir modelling studies within budget and on time.
- Assist the geological operations team in Exploratory/Appraisal well planning and design through the using of Petrel trajectory/tracking analysis.
- 2D and 3D seismic mapping (especially with low quality data) from prospect to regional scales and have experience of prospect generation with a track record of prospect deliveries.
- Regional Basin-Petroleum system studies, fault seal analysis, well correlations, seismic interpretation and mapping, play fairway assessment, structural and stratigraphic reconstruction, risk and volume assessments.
- Review and interpret seismic data, including horizon correlation, and construct time and depth charts.
- Generate advanced seismic attribute analysis and use this analysis on large wells and seismic datasets.
- Conduct annual evaluations of hydrocarbon-in-place for use in estimating remaining reserves and ultimate recovery.
30% Liaison and coordination – Contribute to the well planning and design process to the Exploratory and Appraisal program:
- Provides technical advice and take a major responsibility in technical committee meeting, liaison with third party, Government regulatory / JV Partner for approval process.
- Assist G&G team to prepare Exploration drilling program and Appraisal wells plan.
- Maintain ongoing interaction with geophysicists, petrophysicists and reservoir engineers to ensure a seamless workflow with respect to data transfer and integration.
- Work with the operations geology team to provide input into the well location selection, planning and design process.
- Initiate proposals to conduct in-house and third-party geological studies.
- Interface with multiple levels, including subordinates, peers, supervisors, and venture partners.
10% Control – Policy, procedure and risk mitigation:
- Maintain compliance with company guidelines and requirements regarding the gathering, quality control, maintenance, storage and retrieval of technical data.
- Ensure compliance with and proper application of company procedures and internal regulations, including those pertaining to confidential information, and recommend updates as needed.
10% Reporting – Prepare reports in support of department activities:
- Oversee preparation of data package presentations.
- Provide reports and presentations to internal and external stakeholders as required.
- Provide management with geoscience input for making reserves replacement decisions.
5% Coaching, Training and Mentoring – Actively contribute to the development of staff:
- Support department staff in meeting needs for employee training, development and skill gap closure.
- Coach employees to build their knowledge and skills.
- Mentor staff to ensure appropriate succession management.
- Motivate employees by encouraging, recognizing and rewarding superior performance
Minimum Education Level Required:
- Master’s/Post Graduate degree in Geology,Geosciences or equivalent Certificate
- The minimum years of experience required
- (All qualification listed Must be job related) Minimum 15 years of experience with major or independent operating companies. International experience, particularly in the Niger Delta region, is preferred. At least 10 years of experience will have been in senior technical positions.
- Experience in 2D/3D seismic interpretation of Niger Delta, with demonstrated expertise in Petrel or similar application. Experience in estimation of oil and gas volumetric determinations according to international standards required for independent reserves certifications and asset valuations. Solid background in handling third party consultants and contractors.
- The amount of supervision required to job holder employee (How and to what extent, is the employee’s work checked?)
Level 2 – General Supervision:
- Some delegation of responsibility, some independence of routine matters. Incumbents exercise some control over both the technical and administrative aspects of work. Objectives may be set for the position, but the incumbent often works independently.
- The analytical skill required (What is the complexity or standardization of the tasks which are performed?)
Level 3 – Analytic:
- Duties and tasks are varied and complex. Work is analytic, nonstandardized, requiring independent judgment to identify, select and apply the most appropriate course of action among available options.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org ; email@example.com