Subsea Field Service Engineer Job at Baker Hughes, 1st Nov., 2018
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Subsea Field Service Engineer
Ref Id: 3198624
Location: Onne, Rivers
Job Function: Services
Business Segment: Oil & Gas Oilfield Equipment
- The Field Service Engineer is responsible for providing offshore and onshore support to customers and BHGE for Subsea installation, maintenance, repair, operation and decommissioning of Subsea equipment and services.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical from an accredited university or college is desirable.
- Experience in a Subsea Field Services Engineer role with subsea Wellhead, completion and intervention equipment.
- Willingness and ability to travel 100% of the time at short notice – this is an ad hoc role and flexibility is essential.
- Must have a valid international Passport.
- Computer literate – MS Office and ability to learn and use GRID and other business systems.
- Ability to work effectively with minimum supervision
- Strong customer service mindset
- Prior field engineering experience is preferred
- Strong organizational skills
- Prior project management experience is preferred
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Perform on-site installation and decommissioning of BHGE systems and equipment
- Provide technical instruction and assistance to customer representatives regarding installation and decommissioning at customer’s sites
- Develop and further expand technical knowledge and expertise, currently recognized industry standards for engineering ability
- Maintain knowledge of applicable BHGE product lines
- Plan, prepare and/or instruct both internal and external training programs as required, to impart and perpetuate field engineering and/or product knowledge in area of specialization
- Perform administrative functions; such as writing technical reports, ordering materials, securing quotations, preparing job status reports, reports to customers, time sheet and expense sheets on a complete timely, and thorough basis
- Maintain knowledge of company reporting systems
- Provide leadership and technical direction to customers and team members
- Maintain strong safety mindset to ensure the executed work reflects the technical requirements within GE safety standards
- Ability to troubleshoot and react to fault resolution challenges
- Ability to work alone or within a team whilst being supervised remotely is an essential characteristic.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online