Regional Chief Information Officer (RCIO) Recruitment at United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA)
United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) is one of Africa’s leading financial institutions, with operations in 19 African countries and 3 global financial centres: London, Paris and New York. From a single country organisation founded in 1949 in Nigeria, UBA has grown to become a Pan-African provider of financial services with over 11 million customers, through close to 1000 business offices and touch points globally.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Regional Chief Information Officer (RCIO)
Reference #: LAG002
Location: Lagos Island, Lagos
Contract Type: Permanent
Job Functions: Banking,Information Technology
Industries: Banking / Finance & Investment,IT – Information Technology
The group has vacancies for Regional Chief Information Officer in the following regions;
- East Africa
The Regional Chief information Officer is responsible for:
- Aligning the regional IT objectives and programs to the company’s objectives and strategies while coordinating Information Technology and Information Systems across the region.
- All technology solution delivery (Internal/vendor/off-the-shelf solutions) and enhancements across the region.
- Managing internal and external application development & deployment in line with best practices.
- Possess a good knowledge of design patterns, solution/service oriented architecture, API management and micro-services architecture.
- Frameworks, languages and environments:
- Possesses a good knowledge of diverse development domains – languages, frameworks (ORM, Entity, Hibernate), utilities, development environments.
- Possess a good knowledge of Continuous integration and Continuous deployment
- Good knowledge of solution risk assessment, security considerations, authentication and authorization best practices.
- Good knowledge of agile development best practices
- Technology Management:
- Good knowledge of project management, work breakdown structure, execution, reporting and project governance.
- Develops, recommends and implements long-term and short-term technology plans, budgets and programs that support and align with the strategic objectives of the region and the goals of the business lines, while maximizing the mix of in-house versus outsourced solutions and vendors
- Drive interview and selection process and recommend suitably qualified candidates for consideration and final appointment by the authorised official
- Drive good work culture, team responsiveness and healthy work balance
- Facilitate team education & knowledge transfer by training and knowledge sharing session
- Build team structure to aid a systematic relief process and business continuity.
- Imbibe emotional intelligence skills and adequately apply where necessary
Manage Development Process:
- Develop and implement IT standards and procedures to aid in the development of high quality software
- Ensure that all members within the region understand and follow existing IT standards.
- Must be on top of technology stack and learn the latest developments and techniques, as well as broader industry-wide trends
- Drive and sponsor innovation in the team work
- Build team spirit and desire to experiment and try new things and unconventional solutions.
- Build creative solutions adopting cutting edge technologies. Must be forward thinking and daring
Support Troubleshooting efforts in production systems:
- Manage and drive third-level support with in country teams
- Provide support to third parties on solution on boarding and management
Requirements, Qualifications and Experience
- First degree in Computer science or Engineering or other related fields
- Masters’ Degree or IT professional qualification will be an advantage
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience, out of which 5 years must have been spent in a managerial role
- Work related experience must consist of operations and information systems management experience in the financial services industry
- Banking products/services
- Object-oriented programming languages e.g. Java, .NET etc.
- Technologies that can drive banking operations
- Finacle Technologies
- Experience in designing and building scaleable and robust solutions in large web application deployments
Deadline: 17th November, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online