VOGUEPAY is Nigeria’s leading online secure payment processor, offering both individual and business merchants an opportunity to transact seamlessly.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Accounting Manager
Job Type: Full Time
- Our company is looking for an experienced Accounting Manager to oversee our accounting department. The Accounting Manager will be responsible for tracking and evaluating day-to-day activities,monitoring general accounting practices, budgeting, developing internal accounting controls, tracking high volume corporate client accounts and building a strong financial team.
- The successful candidate shall provide both operational and strategic support to the company.
- BSc, MSc/MBA, ICAN ,ACA/ACCA
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance required ,Accounting Professional Certification a must. A Masters degree would be an added advantage.
- Minimum 5-7 Years of Experience , Accounting Supervisory role, Financial Manager in related industry
Skill Set: what is required:
- Proven working experience as Accounting Manager, Accounting Supervisor or Finance Manager
- Advanced computer skills on MS Office, accounting software ERP software and use of databases
- Proven knowledge of bookkeeping and accounting principles, practices, standards, laws and regulations
- Understanding of Fintech/Financial Institutions accounting in accordance with International Financial Reporting Standards.
- Current trends, developments, and theories in Financial Technology and International Banking
- Current trends and developments in Nigeria Tax System, Pension Scheme and CBN Regulations on Financial Institutions and PSP.
- Strong budgeting, financial forecasting and financial analysis skills required
- Communicate effectively in both written and verbal form.
- High attention to detail and accuracy
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Managing and overseeing the daily operations of the accounting department
- Monitoring and analyzing accounting data and produce financial reports or statements
- Establishing and enforcing proper accounting methods, policies and principle
- Manage day-to-day accounting operations and ensure that there is a redundant process backup in place for every critical operation
- Monitor emerging technology to determine ways to automate the accounting process without sacrificing accuracy and accountability
- Develop monthly and quarterly accounting reports for the management and executive teams
- Assist in performing all tasks necessary to achieve the organization’s goal and help execute staff succession and growth plans.
- Train the Finance Unit and other staff on raising awareness and knowledge of financial management matters.
- Work with the CEO on the strategic vision including fostering and cultivating stakeholder relationships, as well as assisting in the development and negotiation of contracts and partnership.
- Participate in developing new business, specifically: assist the CEO and COO in identifying new funding opportunities, the drafting of prospective programmatic budgets, and determining cost effectiveness of prospective new venture.
- Assess the benefits of all prospective contracts/partnership and advise the Executive Team on programmatic design and implementation matters.
- Ensure adequate controls are installed to ensure accurate and reliable financial reporting.
- Ensure substantial documentation is approved and available such that all purchases/expenses are duly reviewed.
- Provide the COO with an operating budget. Work with the COO to ensure programmatic success through cost analysis support, and compliance with PSP regulations.
- Oversee the management and coordination of all fiscal reporting activities for the organization including: organizational revenue/expense and balance sheet reports, reports to investors, development and monitoring of Company transactions, contracts and partnership.
- Develop and maintain systems of internal controls to safeguard financial assets of the organization.
- Monitor banking activities of the Company.
- Ensure adequate cash flow to meet the Company’s needs.
- Oversee the production of monthly reports including reconciliations of bank accounts, merchant accounts and ledgers, as well as financial statements and cash flow projections for use by Executive management, as well as the Audit/Finance Committee and Board of Directors.
- Oversee the design, implementation, and timely calculations of incentives, commissions, and salaries for the staff.
- Oversee Gateway settlement and merchant liabilities.
- Oversee business insurance plans.
- Oversee the maintenance of the inventory of all fixed assets, including carrying test for impairment.
- Meets accounting financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
Deadline: 12 Noon; 14th December, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org Use the position applied for as the subject of application
Note: Only qualified candidates will be contacted.