Law Union & Rock Insurance Plc is one of the first generation Insurance Companies to open office in Nigeria six decades ago. We began operations in Nigeria in 1951 as a Chief Agency when the late Sir Mobolaji Bank-Anthony held the power of Attorney for Royal International Insurance Holding, a U.K leading Insurance Company (the first Nigerian to have such authority).
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Admin Officer
- Administrative Assistant duties and responsibilities include providing administrative support to ensure efficient operation of the office.
- Supports managers and employees through a variety of tasks related to organization and communication. Responsible for confidential and time sensitive material.
- Familiar with a variety of the field’s concepts, practices and procedures.
- Ability to effectively communicate via phone and email ensuring that all Administrative Assistant duties are completed accurately and delivered with high quality and in a timely manner. May direct and lead the work of others. Rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals and a wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected. Typically reports to a manager or head of a unit/department.
- Answer and direct phone calls
- Organize and schedule meetings and appointments
- Maintain contact lists
- Produce and distribute correspondence memos, letters, faxes and forms
- Assist in the preparation of regularly scheduled reports
- Develop and maintain a filing system
- Order office supplies
- Book travel arrangements
- Submit and reconcile expense reports
- Provide general support to visitors
- Provide information by answering questions and requests
- Take dictation
- Research and creates presentations
- Generate reports
- Handle multiple projects
- Prepare and monitor invoices
- Write letters and emails on behalf of other office staff
- Book conference calls, rooms, taxis, couriers, hotels etc.
- Cover the reception desk when required
- Maintain computer and manual filing systems
- Handle sensitive information in a confidential manner
- Take accurate minutes of meetings
- Coordinate office procedures
- Reply to email, telephone or face to face enquiries
- Develop and update administrative systems to make them more efficient
- Resolve administrative problems
- Receive, sort and distribute the mail
- Answer telephone calls and pass them on
- Manage staff appointments
- Develop administrative staff by providing information, educational opportunities and experiential growth opportunities
- Ensure operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques
- Maintain supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Carry out administrative duties such as filing, typing, copying, binding, scanning etc.
- Organize travel arrangements for senior managers
- Oversee and supervise the work of junior staff
- Maintain up-to-date employee holiday records
- Coordinate repairs to office equipment
- Greet and assist visitors to the office
- Photocopy and print out documents on behalf of other colleagues
Deadline: 30th December, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidate should send their CV to: Obabaniyi@lawunioninsurance.com