Deputy Finance Coordinator at PUI, 18th December, 2018
Premiere Urgence Internationale (PUI) is a non-governmental, non-profit, non-political and non-religious international aid organization. Our teams are committed to supporting civilians’ victims of marginalization and exclusion, or hit by natural disasters, wars and economic collapses, by answering their fundamental needs. Our aim is to provide emergency relief to uprooted people in order to help them recover their dignity and regain self-sufficiency.
PUI is now looking for its Finance team in Maiduguri. Consequently, applications are invited for:
Job Title: Deputy Finance Coordinator
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
The PUI Nigerian Mission has been officially opened in April 2016, with a focus on meeting urgent needs, including improving access to food commodities for Internally Displaced People (IDP) and host communities (HC), later adding Primary Health Care and Nutrition activities. This initial intervention was focused on populations living in MMC. The progressive sectorial widening allowed to start implementing an integrated approach from 2017 in Bolori II in food security, livelihoods, nutrition and health, with the support of ECHO, FFP, OFDA and CIAA/CDC, in line with PUI’s global strategy.
In 2018, PUI will further develop its comprehensive response by adding Outreach/Protection and WaSH to the existing country program in Bolori II, and will scale up its intervention with the opening of Kukawa LGA base, with the main objectives of reducing morbidity and mortality of the most vulnerable population and promoting protection amongst the whole affected community. The same donors will support the 2018 intervention.
In parallel, PUI is supporting the coordination mechanisms and is running the common logistics platform for all humanitarian actors funded by the logistics cluster (WFP) since 2016, and the partnership has been renewed to this date.
- The Deputy Finance coordinator will assist the Finance Coordinator on the good financial management and budgeting of the mission.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Financial supervision management: He/she will manage under the supervision of the Finance Coordinator all aspects of financial management of the mission
- Coordination: under the supervision of the Finance Coordinator he/she centralizes and diffuses information within the mission for financial aspects of the mission, and consolidates the internal and external reporting for this domain.
- Technical supervision: He/she will provide technical support and supervision to the Finance team within the mission
Specific Objectives and Linked Activities
- He/She will ensure throughout each project that funds are allocated correctly and in respect of the contractual framework as regards rules of eligibility (date, purchasing procedures, etc.).
- He/she will prepare the external financial reports which he/she sends for validation to the Finance Coordinator.
- He/ She will be in charge of updating the monthly allocation table for Coordination and of reviewing the one related to each base.
- He/She will be in charge of the financial follow-up of the purchase file under the supervision of the FAC and of the update of the planned follow-up in the FFU.
- He/she will manage the monthly budget follow-up process at mission level, under the supervision of the FAC.
- He/she will ensure that all Managers manage their budgets correctly, that the budget forecasts are up-to-date and donor rules respected.
- He/she will participate at the monthly FFU update on the field and at coordination and give support to the Finance team.
- He/she will provide advice and technical assistance in cost analysis and budget preparation.
- Based on the analysis he/she will suggest adjustments to the budgets as needed.
- He/she will review project budgets developed by the bases within the framework for proposed operations and ensure that they follow the procedures of each donor and implementation partner.
- He/She establishes the provisional cash flow with the teams and transmits the requests to the FAC
- He/She ensures that the amount of cash flow for the mission is sufficient for the requirements in the field over the period, taking into account possible donor payments carried out locally in these transfer requests to headquarters.
- He/She ensures an efficient circulation of information to field and capital teams.
- He/She drafts or participates in the drafting of internal activity reports for everything dealing with financial, budgetary, issues for the mission.
- He/She ensures the finance coordination at mission level by regular visits to the bases, controls, monitoring, training, etc…
Training Capacity Building:
- He/She will carry out training for the Deputy Finance and the finance departments.
- Focus on the 3 priority activities
- relative to the context of the mission
- The FFU is updated every month.
- The FFU meeting is done every month at field level
- The Finance team is trained and autonomous on his functions
- Carry out training and coaching for the finance and program departments on budget
- Management issues
- Review and formalize mission-specific finance procedures
- Experience working as a Base Finance Manager or Base Administrator (NGOs/private companies)
- Knowledge & skills: good analytical and writing skills/Good management capacities and team leadership spirit/Good pedagogical skills
- Computer skills: knowledge of the MS office software pack (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook) and Saga
- Language skills: fluent in Hausa and English (speaking/reading/writing)
- Education Degree: B.Sc/Master’s Degree in Finance Management or Accounting
- Work experience: Minimum 4/3 years of experience for BSC and Masters respectively
Required Personal Characteristics (fitting into the team, suitability for the job and assignment):
- Ability to take initiative to deal with difficulties encountered in daily work and suggest improvement
- Ability to adapt or change priorities according to the changing situation within a mission or the organization itself
- Autonomy, neutrality, hard worker
- Able to manage stress and pressure
- Well organized
- Strong donor knowledge
- Strong training skills
- Strong analysis skills
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 23rd December, 2018.