Jagal is a Nigerian conglomerate holding that operates leading energy businesses and manages a diverse portfolio of investments. By cultivating leadership and developing a culture of excellence, Jagal is dedicated to empowering people and building strategic partnerships that aim to achieve sustainable growth for the advancement of the Nigerian community.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Manager
- To act as change agent by spearheading innovative ideas that will improve finance processes and drive efficiencies across the department.
Responsibilities would cover but not be limited to the following areas:
Financial Accounting/Budgeting/Reporting (65%):
- Prepare monthly management reports
- Oversee full financial accounting systems and processes e.g. cash management, accounts payable, accounts receivable and payroll function.
- Oversee the preparation of quality and timely financial statements and reports in line with IFRS standards
- Prepare Intercompany reconciliation and statements
- Oversea deduction and remittances of statutory deductions (PAYE, pension and insurance etc) to relevant statutory authorities.
- Review of payments and approvals of journals
- Prepare monthly cash flow forecast
- Prepare monthly variance reports for all reporting entities and provide explanations to variances.
- Processing financial transactions and ensure timely closing of financial records in the most effective and efficient.
- Prepare budget and forecasts by monitoring actual performance against budget.
- Provide useful insights into business performance and recommend improvement activities.
- Monitoring and evaluating financial systems for continuous improvements
- Liaison with business unit heads
Tax Filing/Reporting (10%):
- Ensure compliance with all relevant tax regulations and timely filing of statutory returns
- Be up to date with all relevant laws and regulations on Nigerian Taxation
- Maintains best practice standards in accounting processing
- Provide ad-hoc support to FC as required (i.e. special projects)
- Other duties as required
- At least 5 years’ experience in a similar role or within a finance team
- Demonstrated ability to run the accounting and processing aspects of a small Finance team
- Confidentiality and absolute discretion expected at all time
- Professional approach
- Mentor and develop the team in their development and training
- Professional qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA)
- Advanced excel skills
- Intermediate working knowledge of Microsoft Office programmes; Outlook, Word, PowerPoint
- Demonstrable evidence of interpreting & manipulating data clearly and accurately with the ability to extract & clearly articulate key points
- Excellent communication skills, ability to develop and present ideas and reasoned arguments clearly and concisely to various audiences (reports in Word, PowerPoint presentations, excel presentations).
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online