Fresh Jobs at Center for Community and Health Development International
The Center for Community and Health Development International is a non-discriminatory, non-governmental organization with a mandate to improve the health and quality of life of Nigeria’s rural children and women. CHAD was established in 2002 by a group of women from different religious and ethnic background in Gombe state, North East Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Child Protection Case Worker
Location: Borno (BAMA and RANN)
- The purpose of the position is to support the most vulnerable and at-risk boys, girls, men and women through provision of safe and confidential case management services implemented in accordance with the Inter-agency Case Management Guidelines.
- The post holder will be in charge of implementing case management activities in the Borno State areas ensuring high-quality case management service delivery.
- The post holder shall be ready to be mobile and conduct a significant part of his/her work in outreach.
- The job location depends on assignment and might change based on projects evolving needs.
- Language Skills: Fluent in Hausa and Kanuri languages and in English (speaking/reading/writing).
- Education Degree: University degree in Social Work, Social Studies, Psychology/ Child’s Psychology, Counseling or any other related discipline
- Work experience: Minimum 2 year experience in the field of child protection / protection/ SGBV/ social work / case management
- Knowledge & skills: Good analytical and writing skills
- Computer skills: Good knowledge of the MS office software
- Other: Knowledge of protection systems in Northeastern Nigeria/ Excellent knowledge of protection issues and best practices (Child Protection and GBV) / Previous experience in dealing with complex child protection cases is highly desirable.
- Other knowledge: Acquaintance with NGO’ rules, procedures and regulations; Acquaintance with the Child Protection Minumim Standards, good knowledge of the Inter-agency Guidelines for Case Management and Child Protection.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks
- Implementation of case management activities for vulnerable and at-risk boys, girls, men and women
- Accept and handle referrals of protection cases done by governmental authorities and/or child protection agencies in accordance with the standardized case management steps and procedures
- When requested, conduct community outreach for the identification of the most vulnerable and at risk populations
- Conduct assessments and prioritize them according to the risk level of each individual
- Develop an initial individual action plan for new identifications and ensure re-assessment of referred cases based on the evolving needs of beneficiaries
- Regularly follow up the assigned case to ensure all services and action points listed in the case plan are carried out within agreed timeframes. Ensure that progress is regularly reviewed.
- Regularly monitor and provide support to individuals through home visits, providing guidance, advice and emotional support, community mediation and referrals
- Work with the Case Management Team Leader to arrange case conferences for complex child protection cases and ensure children receive multidisciplinary support
- Manage cases in line with the SOPs, adhere to standard documentation processes and follow best practice guidance
- Regularly document cases using agreed upon forms, update databases to ensure a comprehensive record of the case
- Ensure that data collection and storage respect data protection protocols and confidentiality principle
- Ensure that the consent/assent to proceed with the case management is sought
- Identify, map and network with external service providers and ensure that an effective referral system is made available
- Establish and maintain positive and efficient relations with target beneficiaries, communities and all the other actors responding to the crisis
- Seek for synergies to optimize resources and time and strengthening services for the beneficiaries whenever possible
- When needed, accompany beneficiaries to external services providers in order to assist and facilitate their access to different type of services
- Participate in surveys and data collection when required
- Ensure timely submission of plans and reports to the line manager
- To be willing to work with a flexible working schedule (weekends included)
- Promote, and ensure project activities are in line with child protection principles and humanitarian principles
- Ensure the project activities are well-integrated into the Northeastern Nigeria child protection system and humanitarian coordination practices and guidelines
- Ensure CHAD INTL Child Safeguarding Policy and Child Protection Minimum Standards are mainstreamed through all the programmatic activities
- Report serious cases of abuse committed against children to the Child Protection Project Manager. Strict confidentiality must be respected.
Deadline: 7th December, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications,updated CV’s and Cover Letter to: email@example.com with “Case Worker” in the subject line of your mail.
Note: The position must be clearly indicated on the application. Only candidates who meet the selection criteria will be contacted.