Latest Recruitment in Prestigious Law Firm, 1st December, 2018
Westfield Consulting Limited – Our client is one of the most prestigious Law Firms in Lagos Nigeria. They are innovators for commercial law in Nigeria. Having been in existence for over five decades and the experience garnered thus far has enabled it become the forerunner of commercial developments in the Nigerian legal profession. A premiered international law firm with a global outreach. Have, over the years provided comprehensive services to national and multinational corporations, financial institutions and governments.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Legal Associate 2
- Actively engaged and assisting in providing Corporate & Commercial advisory services, negotiation and contract management, client management, networking and business development.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Meet with clients and cultivate a strong client / lawyer relationship.
- Understand and interpret Capital Market Rules, Codes and Regulations. Advice on Project and Asset finance transactions as well as Capital Market transactions.
- Draft, review, negotiate and interpret complex commercial agreements in support of a broad spectrum of business initiatives with the supervision of Senior Associate or Managing Partner.
- Actively engage in transactional, joint venture and M&A due diligence reviews, document preparation and negotiations, ensuring compliance with applicable national and international laws and regulations.
- Proffer legal opinions and draft agreements with little supervision, draft and review loan and security documentation.
- Participate in transactions structured meetings to meet client needs and provide timely responses to client inquiries.
- Maintain an active network of Industry contacts, including within clients, trade associations, regulators and public authorities. Creating relations of trust.
- Drafting scholarly legal articles on current business issues.
- Attend meetings as delegated by the Managing Partner, Head of Corporate Commercial or Senior Associate.
- Ensures billing responsibilities are discharged properly and in a timely manner
- Provide mentorship to juniors and work as a team with other Associates.
- Fulfill other responsibilities as delegated or assigned by the Managing Partner and Senior Associate.
- A degree in Law with a minimum of Second Class lower division in both University and Law School.
- Minimum of 5-8years experience in active practice.
- Masters added advantage
Job Title: Business Development Executive (Legal Services)
- They are innovators for commercial law in Nigeria. Having been in existence for over five decades and the experience garnered thus far has enabled it become the forerunner of commercial developments in the Nigerian legal profession. A premiered international law firm with a global outreach. Have, over the years provided comprehensive services to national and multinational corporations, financial institutions and governments.
- To plan and coordinate all Marketing and Business Development activities and increase Clientele of the Law Firm.
- Develop, recommend, and manage the firm marketing plan.
- Support the firm, practice groups, and individual attorney’s business development initiatives and programs.
- Recommend markets and projects to pursue.
- Track and follow-up firm marketing and business development leads.
- Manage firm business relationships.
- Direct internal and external firm marketing and business communications.
- Represent the firm at trade shows and other events.
- Manage marketing and business development events and activities.
- Write the firm newsletter.
- Participate in the strategic planning process.
Background Experience/ Skills/Qualifications
- Great Interpersonal Relationship Skills, Effective Communication and Information Management Skills, Proficiency in Microsoft Office work Packages Etc.
- HND/ BSc in Marketing/Social Sciences
- 5- 8 years’ Experience in a similar role
- Ideal candidate should have a good knowledge of info graphics, Proposals and Marketing.
Job Title: Company Secretary (Lawyer)
- Company secretaries provide administrative support and guidance to company directors.
- Company secretaries guide company directors about the day-to-day management of their organizations, including compliance with legal and statutory requirements. Employers of company secretaries include local and national government, charities, accountancies, banks/financial institutions, housing associations, law firms etc.
- Convening and servicing annual general meetings (AGM)/meetings (producing agendas, taking minutes; conveying decisions etc.)
- Providing support to committees and working parties such as the Board of Directors etc.
- Implementing procedural/administrative systems
- Handling correspondence before and after meetings
- Ensuring policies are kept current, are approved, and that company members are aware of their implications, e.g. legal
- Writing reports
- Collating information
- Providing legal/financial advice during and outside of meetings.
- Administering pension schemes and share issues
- Dealing with company/staff insurance policies
- Managing contractual arrangements with suppliers/customers
- Financial and HR administration
- Maintaining current awareness about company law
- Keeping a register of shareholders and liaising with them on behalf of the company.
- 7 – 10 Minimum years experience in the same rule.
- Ideal candidate must be a chartered secretary (certified)
- Must be a legal practitioner.
Deadline: 21st December, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications and CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org