Latest Vacancies In A Reputable Construction Firm, 7th Dec., 2018
One Precious Life (OPL) Academy is an employment accelerator connecting job seekers to job opportunities in Nigeria’s construction industry.
Our Client is a construction firm based in Lagos, Nigeria. They are looking to hire a Site Engineer who will be responsible for executing construction projects from start to finish.
Job Title: Site Engineer
The Site Engineer will:
- Manage the construction sites for assigned projects
- Check technical designs and drawings to ensure that they are properly followed
- Prepare an execution plan from the master plan submitted, breaking down the work elements and how they will be executed
- Set out, level and survey sites
- Organize facilities and oversee building works
- Supervise and monitor contracted staff, junior engineers and artisans
- Provide technical advice and solve problems on site
- Prepare site reports and method statements and fill in other paperwork
- Liaise with quantity surveyors about ordering and negotiating the prices of materials
- Liaise with all consultants, subcontractors, quantity surveyors and project managers involved in a project
- Ensure projects meet agreed specifications, budgets and timescales
- Oversee quality control and health and safety matters on site
- Any other related duties that may be assigned from time to time
- Bachelor’s degree in civil or structural engineering, construction, building surveying, or related field
- Minimum of 5 years professional experience as a site engineer
- Experience in managing projects valued at N600Million upwards
- In-depth knowledge of engineering, technology, building, construction, and design.
- Familiarity with developing a Site Safety plan
- Proficient in the use of project management software like Microsoft project
- Proven track record of managing personnel and material resources
- Exemplary critical thinking, analytical, and complex problem-solving skills
- Strong time management and project management skills
- Dedication to learning new concepts and strategies
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule
Job Title: Senior Project Manager
The Senior Project Manager will be responsible for:
- Meeting with clients to take detailed briefs and clarify requirements for each project.
- Defining the project plan, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility.
- Ensuring that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope, and within budget.
- Managing changes to the project scope, project schedule and project costs using appropriate verification techniques.
- Delegating and managing tasks assigned to team members.
- Tracking project performance using appropriate tools and techniques.
- Ensuring resource availability and allocation.
- Managing relationships with clients and all stakeholders.
- Creating and maintaining comprehensive project documentation.
- Reporting and escalating to management as needed.
- Performing other related duties as may be assigned.
- 5-6 years relevant work experience in building construction.
- Proven experience in project management.
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Project and Microsoft Office.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) / PRINCE II certification is a plus.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send an updated CV to: email@example.com and include a list of your top five projects and their respective contract values.
Application Deadline 10th December, 2018