Nurses Recruitment at Premiere Urgence Internationale – 3 Openings
PUI is implementing humanitarian activities in Nigeria since April 2016, supporting population with food security, nutrition and health project in Maiduguri and Borno State. PUI is now looking for its Health team in Monguno.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Nurse
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Starting Date – 2nd of January 2019
Contract Duration – 3 Months
Slot: 3 Openings
- Under the Direct Supervision of the OPD Supervisor/Nurse Teamleader, the Nurse provides patients consultations in collaboration with Midwife and other team members in the facility. S/he follows PUI protocols and standards to ensure Quality and contiunity of care, promotion and restoration of health of patients and population.
Responsibilities and Tasks
- Welcome patients to the facility.
- Establish personal rapport with potential and actual patients and their relatives.
- Assess urgency and make sure urgent cases are seen first.
- Assess and identify patients health needs.
- In the role of Clinician, manage the cases under his/her line of technical expertise, but also provide nursing care according to the need of the patient.
- Adhere to his/her level of therapeutic standards.
- Give first aid when needed.
- Provide low-key psychological support/Basic Psychological First Aid to patients according to need.
- Provide individual and group health education to patients, when appropriate.
- Maintain patient confidentiality.
- Document collected information on health cards and other records.
- Ensure daily, weekly and monthly data collection for OPD
- Maintain a safe and clean working environment by complying with Universal standards, procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Adhere to infection-control policies and protocols, medication administration and storage procedures, and controlled substance regulations.
- In case of absence of another team member, the nurse will replace in the appropriate sector (nurses in other departments (triage, dressing, vaccination, nutrition, etc.…), midwives, registrar, and dispenser).
- In case of absence of the Team Leader, the nurse will take the Lead and will become the security focal point of the team.
- Ensure coordination and continuity of care through verbal and written reports and coordination with the other health staff.
- Participate actively in meetings and trainings when required.
- Perform other relevant duties as requested by supervisors.
Specific Objective and Linked Activities
- Ensure the quality of care provided to patients in PUI facilities.
- Directly report any difficulties or delays in the implementation of activities.
- The tasks and responsibilities defined in this job description are non-exhaustive and can evolve depending on the project’s needs.
- Provide essential preventative assistance services and follow up on identified beneficiaries with NCDs and other diseases/morbidities of Public Health relevance.
- Provide training on selected topics on Non-Communicable Diseases and other of Public Health relevance.
- Report on collected data.
- Language skills: Good command in English (speaking, reading & writing)
- Fluent in local languages – Kanuri, Hausa, etc.
- Education degree: Recognized Nurse Degree (at least certificate level) with national legislation
- Work experience: 2-3 years of experience in Nursing, or in OPD services.
- Work experience with other NGO’s would be an asset.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Good knowledge of Communicable and Non Communicable diseases
- Good knowledge of Public Health
- Good ability for team work
- Ability to manage a fair workload including emergencies.
- Interests: Working in humanitarian relief, interest for social issues
- Strong motivation to help people in need
- Conflict resolution and diplomacy experience
- Ability to adapt or change priorities according to the changing situation within a mission or the organization itself
- Understanding of the political situation in the area
- Ability to analyze and suggest improvements of the activities
- Well organized and hard worker
- Able to manage stress and pressure
- Understanding of the context of the area
- Able to check validity of information, logical thinking
Deadline: 19th December, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online