Osun Board of Internal Revenue (OIRS) Vacancy for Executive Chairman
The Osun Board of Internal Revenue has an operational arm known as the Osun Internal Revenue Service, a State Revenue Agency that derives its existence from the Personal Income Tax Act, Law of the Federation 2004, which established The Board of Internal Revenue of all the States of the Federation.
The State of Osun Revenue Administration Law, 2012 established the Board whose operational arm is saddled with the responsibility of carrying out the functions of assessing, effective and optimum collection of all revenue including taxes, levies and rates due to the State Government under the relevant State and Federal Laws.
In keeping with the mandate of the QIRS, the State Government is seeking an individual with common dedication who is highly skilled, highly dynamic, committed and innovative with proven target driven orientation to fill the position below in the newly established OIRS:
Job Title: Executive Chairman, Osun Board of Internal Revenue
- The successful candidate shall be the Chairman of the Board and the Chief Executive and Accounting Officer of the recently restructured and Autonomous State of Osun Internal Revenue Service (OIRS).
- He shall be responsible to the Board.
- He shall be responsible for the execution of tax policies of Government of the State of Osun, the day today administration of QIRS and hold office on such Terms and conditions a specified in Osun Revenue Administration Law.
- He shall put in place systems and procedure that ensure collection of maximum revenue due to Osun Government under extant State and Federal Revenue Laws at least cost.
- Minimum required experience: 10 years.
- Candidates are to note that this job is performance driven.
- Minimum qualification: A first degree in Accounting, Law, Economics, Banking & Finance, Statistics, or other relevant discipline in the quantitative field. A post graduate degree will be of added advantage.
- The candidate must be highly experienced in Public Sector with emphasis in Revenue Administration; five (5) years of which must be at Senior Management level responsible for policy formulations, development of systems and processes, implementation of same, and general managerial functions.
- The candidate must be computer literate, highly skilled in managing relationships with the three arms of Government, Tax Paying public, multi-lateral and bi-lateral
- The job requires leading a team of highly motivated and result oriented individuals as such he must be able to provide the right leadership and be proactive with sound knowledge of the Nigerian and Osun Tax System, Economic, Social and Political environment.
- Membership in any of the following: Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN), Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA), Institute of Cost and Management Accountants (ICMA) U.K or Chartered Institute of Taxation of Nigeria (CITN) Or any other relevant professional qualification.
- Age: Not Above 45 years
The Chairman as the Chief Executive and Accounting Officer of OIRS shall keep proper accounting Records in accordance with standard accounting practice and financial regulations of the State in respect of:
- All revenue and expenditure of OIRS
- All its assets, liabilities and other financial transactions and
- All other revenue collectable by OIRS including income on investment
- Prepare an annual report, including financial statements in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles and practice
- Ensure that accounting Records of CIRS are adequate, in line with financial regulations and prepared by qualified personnel, who must be a member of a recognized professional body.
Deadline: 2nd January, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their Resume and Credentials along with a Cover Letter stating the position applied for in CAPITAL LETTERS in the subject of mail and forward the electronic copies to: email@example.com You are also expected to indicate your email address and phone number in your application.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.