Procurement Officer Job Vacancy at GUO Transport Company Limited
GUO Transport Company Limited is a division of G. U. Okeke & Sons Limited. A household name in the transportation industry and one of the largest provider of intercity and interstate transportation, serving more than 200 destinations across Nigeria and West Africa with a modern, environmentally friendly fleet.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Procurement Officer
- Estimate and establish cost parameters and budgets for purchases
- Procure capital items / consumables in accordance with company policy.
- Maintain procurement records such as items or services purchased costs, delivery, product quality or performance/usage.
- Liaise with end users to determine performance of purchased good/items.
- Ensure defective items are returned to vendors
- Maintain records of purchases, pricing, and other important data
- Find reliable sources to purchase goods/items
- Review requisitions to determine proper pricing and quality control
- Contact suppliers to obtain information on price, quality and delivery terms for goods and services required.
- Determine method of procurement such as direct purchase or bid.
- Place orders for purchases and ensure proper follow up for timely delivery.
- Conduct / prepare periodic market survey / reports for price comparison Job Requirements
- First Degree in any related field
- Minimum of 3 years’ relevant work experience in Procurement/Purchasing
- Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply (CIPS) is an added advantage
- Good Communication and Written Skills
- Ability to Interact and Manage people
- Strong Negotiation skills
- Excellent Sourcing skills
- Strong Finance & Cost Management Skills
- Excellent Data Analysis and Superior Organizational Skills
Deadline: 3rd January, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their Applications to: email@example.com using the role you are applying for as the subject of the email.
Click here to apply online