Sightsavers is an international organisation that changes lives for the long term. We work in more than 30 countries to eliminate avoidable blindness and support people with visual impairments to live independently.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Programme Officer – NTDs
Job Type: Two Year Fixed Term Contract
- Sightsavers has an exciting vacancy for a Programme Officer to join our team based in Kwara State
- You will join our NTDs programme management team and will report to the Programme Manager and be responsible for managing a Monitoring and Evaluation Assistant.
- The ideal candidate will possess a First Degree in Biological Sciences, Public Health or other related discipline from a reputable institution. A Master’s Degree would be an advantage
- Technical knowledge of one or more of the five leading NTDs, and experience in monitoring and evaluation would be an added advantage with extensive relevant work experience, ideally gained within an INGO setting
- The Programme Officer will be responsible for the general coordination, and assisting with the programme management and implementation of the Neglected Tropical Diseases (NTDs) programme in Kwara State
- The role will work closely with the Kwara State Ministry of Health, local government areas and other stakeholders in implementing and ensuring the quality delivery of programme objectives and targets.
- You will be responsible for providing effective programme management, coordination, and technical advice to the programme.
- You will have strong monitoring and evaluation skills as this is essential for the ongoing success of the programme
- The role requires a highly organised individual with the ability to build strong relationships internally and externally to help promote and represent Sightsavers and their projects.
- The successful candidate will represent the programme office on monitoring and evaluation issues, ensuring that all NTDs data is updated and shared with relevant agencies
- You will also be required to assist the state programme team to identify opportunities for operational research.
- Local Terms and Conditions apply.
Deadline: 14th December, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should download and fill the “Application Form” and “Equal Opportunities Form” below and submit as two separate documents to: email@example.com
Click here to download the Application Form (MS Word)
- We will be contacting shortlisted candidates for interview shortly after the closing dates. We regret that in view of the large number of applications we receive, we are unable to respond if you are unsuccessful. We hope you understand the need to concentrate resources towards our work.
- We’re an equal opportunities employer, and we particularly encourage qualified people living with a disability to apply. Find out about our commitment to inclusion.