Farmcrowdy is Nigeria’s 1st digital agriculture platform that connects sponsors with real farmers. Our platform affords Nigerians the opportunity to sponsor our Farmers by providing them with improved resources to enable them produce high-quality farm produce and feed the growing population.
Farmcrowdy’s mandate it to empower our indigenous farmers and provide a sustainable way of engaging people in Agriculture.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: UI/UX Developer
- We are looking for a UI/UX Developer who is motivated to combine the art of design with the art of programming.
- Responsibilities will include the design and translation of UI/UX wireframes to actual code.
- You will work with a team of other UI/UX & Visual designers and assist in bridging the gap between graphic design and technical implementation, taking an active role on both sides and defining how the application looks as well as how it works.
- A relevant Degree from any Engineering or Science field. Experience in a related role would be helpful.
Skills & Abilities:
- Has graphic design ability and are familiar with design tools such as Sketch, Photoshop, or Illustrator
- Basic understanding of CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and SASS
- Familiar with building user interfaces with tools like ES6, Vue.js, Angular.js
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Good understanding of SEO principles and ensuring that application will adhere to them
- Can work on large-scale/complex front-end projects
- Can empathise with the many different types of users who use the Farmcrowdy product
- Can think through product requirements to come up with ways of quickly solving problems
- Cares deeply about performance, accessibility, and application design
- Can communicate what you’re working on to non-technical stakeholders.
- Develop new user-facing features
- Design, build and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable code.
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems.
- Explore how user experiences span different user types, contexts, situations and devices.
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization.
- Optimize applications for maximum speed and scalability
- Assure that all user input is validated before submitting to back-end
- Work on Farmcrowdy’s user experiences such as the website, blog, etc.
- Collaborate with team members and stakeholders.
Deadline: 14th December, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Portfolio, link to Github (if available), Cover Letters and CV to: email@example.com with the subject title as ‘Application for UI/UX Developer’.
Note: Farmcrowdy is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to increasing diversity and inclusion in the workforce.