Business Development Manager/Director Job at KPMG Nigeria
KPMG is a global network of professional firms providing Audit, Tax and Advisory Services. Our vision is to build and sustain our reputation as the best firm to work with by ensuring our people, clients and communities achieve their full potential.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Business Development Manager/Director
Ref #: SZX21
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
- KPMG Nigeria is currently recruiting for the role of a Business Development Manager / Director.
- The Business Development Manager/ Director, supporting the relevant Partner, will be the driving force behind improving KPMG’s market positioning in the professional services space in Nigeria and the Firm’s financial growth in the relevant Industry/ Line of Business (LOB) and identified key client accounts.
- The individual will be expected to drive incremental, profitable growth within specific priority accounts by utilizing existing relationships and building new ones, consistently demonstrating a clear understanding of client issues and how KPMG might be best positioned to provide innovative solutions.
- The position is a senior position and is responsible for identifying and converting new sales opportunities to maximize revenue generation for KPMG. The candidate will be expected to establish and maintain strong relationships with C-level executives for new and existing clients (especially the key accounts). S/he will be actively involved in driving expansion into new markets/ solution areas within the industry/ sector across our audit, tax and advisory practices, as defined by the LOB Head and the Firm’ leadership.
- The role involves close collaboration with KPMG Partners and strategic/ priority accounts teams (including the respective Lead Partners), and other KPMG Professionals across the both our local and global networks.
Detailed Job Description
- Raise KPMG’s profile in the marketplace (in the relevant industry/ sector) across the entire firm i.e. Audit, Tax, and Advisory
- Coordinate relationship building activities with appropriate Partners, engagement managers, subject-matter professionals, and other KPMG personnel on the engagement team(s) in an effort to help ensure they are well advised on client relationship/ development matters
- Lead and support significant pursuits to ensure bids are converted to sales, including review of and coaching in the use of the MarketEDGE tools
- Ensure high quality proposal submissions that show the best of KPMG as the Clear Choice
- Consistently demonstrate good knowledge of KPMG’s full capabilities, demonstrating a personal hunger for growing sales opportunities and developing a sales ethos in every member of the team
- Liaise with the commercial team to develop pricing frameworks and ensure such frameworks are fully optimized
- Proactively pursue and maintain competitor intelligence to have a view of the competition
- Manage connectivity with global colleagues to provide diverse insights for our clients
- Maintain strong internal relationships with KPMG colleagues locally, regionally and globally
- Identify skill gaps between current KPMG capabilities and client demands to recommend building, borrowing, or buying capabilities
- Proactively support the development of relationships between relevant KPMG partners and the client C-level executives
- Provide deep insight into client needs, strategy, market challenges to client Lead Partners and client service teams
- Proactively originate and create demand for new opportunities for KPMG to generate new revenue streams
- Actively maintain and track opportunity pipeline in line with firm wide policies and processes
- Participate in proposal development, focusing on the KPMG value proposition, key differentiators, and win themes
- Actively demonstrate full competency of the KPMG Way (e.g. MarketEDGE, Helping People Buy, etc.) and act as role model for the rest of the firm on driving a sales focused and one firm culture
- Lead on obtaining client feedback to continuously review and improve, both after wins and losses
- Actively contribute to innovative and thought provoking thought leadership
- Dual reporting to the relevant Sector/ Industry Lead Partner and Head of Markets
- Works closely with relevant key/ priority accounts’ Partners/ Managers.
- Minimum of 10 years of demonstrated business services experience in a position requiring the management of corporate accounts
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university in Business or a related field or equivalent years of experience (minimum of a 2nd Class Upper)
- Background in advisory services, business services or audit with a Big 4 accounting firm
- Ability to demonstrate exceptional interpersonal skills that have resulted in business relationships of trust, confidence, and results
- Strong social networking skills
- Experience in developing and leading relationship building activities with C- level executives
- Demonstrated success in identifying, initiating, and nurturing new or on-going business opportunities.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online