European Union (EU) Recruitment for Driver in Abuja, 31st January, 2019
The European Union (EU) is a major player in the international development community in Nigeria with an active presence in the key sectors of health, nutrition, water and sanitation and improving access to sustainable electricity. Additional cross-cutting activities include the fight against corruption, drugs and organised crime, support to the reform of the justice system, measures to increase the role democratic processes and supporting a greater role for civil society.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Driver
Functions and Duties
- The Administration section of the European Union Delegation to the Federal Republic of Nigeria and ECOWAS is seeking to fill the vacancy of a Driver.
- The section is responsible for ensuring the efficient performance of all sections of the Delegation. Under the supervision of the Head of Section, the responsibilities include the following:
- Transportation of staff and visitors of the Delegation to various locations within Nigeria including the airport and carry out some minor repairs on vehicles.
Education and Training:
- Higher education and/or further training in a relevant field will be considered an asset.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Knowledge of traffic rules and regulations.
- Skills in minor vehicle maintenance.
- Service oriented.
- Knowledge of the locations of streets, offices and institutions in Abuja.
- Good ability to read and speak English.
- Demonstrates excellent knowledge of driving rules and regulations, and skills in minor vehicle repairs.
- Demonstrates excellent knowledge of protocol.
- Demonstrates excellent knowledge of security issues.
- Minimum of seven year experience as a professional driver, with a minimum of three years in Abuja. Driving for an International Organization or NGO would be an added advantage, professional Armoured Vehicle Driver Training would also be an advantage.
Knowledge IT tools:
- Computer Proficiency and multimedia applications.
Skills and talents:
- Ability to work alone and/or in a team, respecting deadlines, ability to deal with stress situations. Ability to work in a proactive, autonomous and organised way.
- Excellent command of spoken and written English (ability to understand C2, ability to read C2, ability to speak C2, ability to write C2). Knowledge another European Language at working level would be considered an advantage.
Functions and Duties
- Making deliveries of letters, parcels and goods within Abuja.
- Making minor purchases and collect required goods from suppliers.
- Transport Delegation staff on duty in Abuja and nationwide missions for durations up to 10 days.
- Carry out day-to-day maintenance, refuelling and cleaning of motor vehicles.
- Managing spare part for delegation’s vehicles.
- Monitoring of monthly checks on security installations on the delegation’s vehicles.
- Monitoring of maintenance and service intervals of delegation’s vehicles.
- Follow up on repairs of cars at different Workshops/Garages.
- Coordinate workmen for maximum performance in moving items/goods as required.
The gross basic salary will be raised in accordance with relevant salary scale depending on years of relevant professional experience.
Deadline: 15th February, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualfied candidates should send their Application consisting of a Letter explaining their interest and suitability for this position and Curriculum Vitae (each 2 pages maximum) to “the Head of Administration” via: firstname.lastname@example.org Application should clearly state the title of the post and job number on the subject “Driver- Job No 113076”
Note: Applications received after the deadline stated above or not conform to these instructions will be automatically rejected.