The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC), is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, emergency food security, and water, sanitation and hygiene sectors.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head of Programme
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Reports to: The Country Director.
- The purpose of the Head of Programme position is to develop and ensure implementation of holistic high quality programmes.
- Line management for Core Competence Specialists
- Identify funding opportunities, develop funding strategies and forecasts
- Grants management, BPO allocations and reporting to donors, including compliance with donor standards
- Quality control, M&E and organizational learning
- Capacity building of all technical staff
- In-country representation
- Promote the rights of IDPs/returnees in line with the advocacy strategy
- Member of the Country Management Group (CMG)
- Compliance with and adherence to NRC policies, guidance and procedures
- Provide programme input to Country Strategy and Plan of Action
- Development of Core Competency strategies
- Development of holistic and needs based programmes
- Minimum 5 years’ experience from a senior management position in a humanitarian/ recovery context
- Strong Writing, communication and interpersonal skills
- Representation and coordination experience
- Budget development and management experience
- Experience in relief and early recovery/development.
- Experience in putting in place new systems and policies
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts preferably in Africa
- Core competency expertise
- Good knowledge of the context in Nigeria
- Experience with start-up
- Experience in advocacy work and close government engagement
- Proposal development and donor compliance experience
- Monitoring and evaluation experience including basic survey design and analysis
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
- Valid driver’s license
- Strategic thinking
- Initiating action and change
- Handling insecure environments
- Planning and delivering results
- Communicating with impact and respect
- All employees of the Norwegian Refugee Council should be able to adhere to our Code of Conduct and the four organizational values: Dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable
- Commencement: April 2019
- Duration: 12 months
- Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s general directions and free housing of moderate standard.
- Level: Grade 11 in NRC grade structure
- Duty station: Maiduguri, with 25% travel
- Approved health certificate will be requested before contract start.
Deadline: 30th January, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Application Procedures and CV Registration
- Please note that you are required to enter the geographical location for all your previous positions while registering your CV.
- There is no specific field for this information in our CV form, but you can use the “Company name” field for both company and location