HSE Manager Job in a Recycled Plastics Manufacturing Company
StreSERT Services Limited – Our client is a company into recycled plastics Manufacturing with head-office in Lagos. As a result of expansion, they are looking to strengthen their HSE team in the position below:
Job Title: Health Safety & Environment (HSE) Manager
Job Code: ADIR-28
- The HSE Manager will be responsible for formulating, managing, maintaining and improving Health, Safety and Environmental performance across the Company.
- The HSE Manager will be responsible for the implementation of the company’s Health, Safety and Environment management system, ensuring that legislations are adhered to and complied with in accordance with international best practice.
Qualifications and Requisite Skills
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree, ideally in Sciences or Engineering, a Master’s degree will be an added advantage
- At least 5 years related HSE experience preferably within a manufacturing environment Institute of Safety professionals of Nigeria (ISPON) Membership (Associate as minimum) NEBOSH (IGC or Diploma)
- Strong analytical skills, ability to think strategically, analyse diverse information, manage multiple projects simultaneously and work effectively often under time pressure and with minimum supervision.
- Ability to communicate ideas clearly and confidently, articulate issues and recommend solutions.
- Excellent verbal and written English language skills.
- Demonstrated maturity and judgment and sound decision-making and negotiating skills.
- Good team player who can work as a member of multi-disciplinary teams
- Ability to administer first-aid and respond accordingly in case of emergency.
- Possess strong knowledge of OHSAS18001, IS014001
- Experience and familiarity with the IFC Performance Standards and World Bank Group EHS Guidelines. Familiarity with the ILO Core Labour Standards will be an advantage.
- Ability to work and champion environmental, safety and social actions / issues at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to communicate and maintain positive and proactive relations with all level of employees, as well as other external stakeholders such as communities, contractors, regulatory agencies, etc.
- Formulate health, safety, and environmental policies, procedures and programmes that comply with local and international best practice regulations.
- Oversee the effective implementation, updating, review and auditing of the company’s Health, Safety and Environmental Management Systems; address environmental and social issues associated with operational activities and provide for their update in line with changes in
- Legislation and Company Directives.
- Supervise and train HSE /operational personnel across the company’s multiple locations
- Coordinate hazard identification, risk assessment, emergency response, and drills and enforce preventive measures
- Carry out company wide trainings and presentations on relevant health, safety and environmental matters
- Maintain an up-to-date perspective on relevant HSE issues and provide for the education and familiarization of all Company personnel on the importance of Environment, Safety and Health aspects within the organization.
- Assist the Commercial, Engineering and Operations Department in their interaction with clients and contractors in all issues relating to Health, Safety and Environment
- Represent the company in meetings with Government bodies and other agencies on matters regarding workplace health and safety, liaising with these agencies for regular updates on legal regulations and program initiatives on workplace safety and environmental issues
- Identifying opportunities for adding value in the organization related to HSE opportunities above and beyond risk management, if and when appropriate.
- Report on the company’s compliance with all applicable health, safety and environmental laws including relevant international standards and guidelines (IFC Performance Standards and applicable World Bank EHS requirements) to ensure the general improvement of the
- management systems.
- Performs and assumes other duties and responsibilities as may be required by the company Management.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using ‘ADIR-28’ as subject of e-mail.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Application Deadline 18th February, 2019.