Latest Job Vacancies at Neem Foundation, January, 2019
Neem Foundation is a non-profit, non-governmental organization founded as a direct response to the problem of insecurity in Nigeria. The Foundation was established under Nigerian law in January 2016 and is registered with the Corporate Affairs Commission. We are committed to improving the lives of those affected by the insurgency and preventing violence through building inclusive communities and providing and raising the standards of psychosocial care.
We are recruiting to fill the positions below:
Job Title: Lay Counsellor
- Perform basic counselling and/or educational activities to patients, families, communities, NGO staff, teachers, other counsellors in order to improve the mental health condition of the patient. Discuss the treatment of problems with clients.
- Provides a basic range of psychological services to clients.
- Consults with other professionals, regarding the evaluation and treatment of clients.
- Provides psychological assessment, testing and evaluation, referral, consultation, programme planning, chemical dependency counselling/education, prevention service/activities, individual, couples, group and family therapy.
- Interact with clients to provide assessment, testing, diagnosis treatment, case management, follow up and treatment planning, with physicians to provide consultation.
- Collaborates and cooperates in a professional manner with co-workers, other departments and other agencies in order to assure effective continuity of care and services.
- Prepares and maintains mental health notes and narrative reports of mental health activities (in the appropriate charting format).
- Maintain clients’ records, as part of the Medical records system and follows policies of records and maintenance of client confidentiality.
- Observes strict confidentiality and privacy of clients.
- Other duties as assigned.
- University Degree in Psychology or any related field, Masters Degree in Psychology is an added advantage.
- Previous training or experience with cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT) is an added advantage.
- Professional, expert knowledge of psychological theories, principles.
- Able to participate in evaluation, diagnosis, individual, group and family psychotherapy, crisis intervention, consultation, prevention and research such as would be obtained in a doctoral programme in psychology and in a clinical internship practice.
- Ability to communicate with children of all ages.
- High degree of skill in the psychological assessment and evaluation of people.
- English Language (Fluent) and Basic understanding of Hausa language
- Must have strong interest in clinical psychology; working with children, helping people rebuild their lives and work towards the development of Borno State.
Profile of Behaviour:
- Confident, attention to detail, independent judgment, self-starter, reliable, team-player, friendly, flexible, disciplined, adaptable, numerate
- Practical experience working with victims/ survivors of insurgency.
- Academic or work experience in Psychology
- Hausa or Kanuri speaking
- Knowledge of gender-based violence.
Job Title: Internal Auditor
Location: Abuja, Federal Capital Territory
- The internal auditor serves as a member of the finance and administration department working under the direction of Senior management.
- The internal auditor will be involved in activities such as the development and execution of detailed programmes for audits, the review of financial, operational, compliance and risk systems, processes and procedures to determine efficiency, work flow, effectiveness and alignment with internal policies, procedures, regulations and industry standards.
- The internal auditor will require knowledge of financial services and regulations; internal audit practices; risk management; and regulatory guidance and expectations (Federal, State and Local Level).
- Ensures the organisation complies with internal regulations and established control protocol.
- Examines documentation, including reports, statements, records, and memos to gather information.
- Reconciles documentation with actual inventory or assets to ascertain accuracy.
- Participates in meetings with individuals and departments to update auditees on findings and the audit process.
- Prepares reports and preserves documentation pertaining to audits for internal record.
- Presents summarized findings concerning audit results.
- Analyses audit results to determine methods for increasing profits and decreasing unnecessary costs.
- Makes recommendations for the best ways for a company to avoid fraud and reduce waste.
- Assesses best financial practices for an organization and makes relevant, informed suggestions.
- Works with a team to achieve company goals.
- Undertake any other tasks assigned by Line Manager
- Bachelors Degree from an accredited institution of learning in Business, Accounting or Finance
- Minimum 3 years of experience in an internal audit or compliance capacity.
- Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
- Strong sense of and respect for confidentiality
- Strong multi-tasking and organizational skills.
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to analyse and solve problems
- Ability to lead staff
- Ability to manage conflict and resolve complaints
- Ability to work as part of a team; build and manage professional work relationships with stakeholders.
- Proficiency in using Microsoft office package
- English Language Written and Verbal (Fluent)
Profile of Behaviour:
- Confident, attention to detail, independent judgment, self-starter, reliable, team-player, friendly, flexible, disciplined, adaptable
- Practical experience working with victims/ survivors of insurgency and/or working in a Non-governmental organisations
- Recognized professional designation in Accounting or InternalAudit (ICAN, CIA, CMA, CISA).
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Women are strongly encouraged to apply