Latest Job Vacancies at TAF & Associates, 22nd January, 2019
TAF & Associates (Operators of Planet Radio 101.1FM) – Planet 101 FM is a private radio station which is owned and operated by TAF and Associates, Ltd. which was incorporated in Nigeria on December 8th, 1995. They were awarded an official licence to broadcast private radio In 2010. Planet 101 FM is led by a strong management team and knowledgeable workers with experience in various areas of radio broadcasting, media entertainment etc.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Broadcast Engineer
Location: Akwa Ibom
- Broadcast engineer will work with hardware and broadcast systems used broadcast station and ensure that programmes are broadcast on time and to the highest quality. As well as operating and maintaining the systems, carry out updates and repairs, carry out studio work, set work, post-production operations or be involved in outside broadcasts, where sound and images are relayed live back to a studio or straight to the network.
- Working hours can be long and usually include regular unsocial hours – weekend, evening and night work is common, as you’ll be working shifts.
- You may be required to work long hours at short notice, particularly for live programming
- Maintaining specialist equipment for video production, broadcast and satellite transmission and interactive media
- Setting up and monitoring audiovisual links between units in different locations
- Installing and testing new facilities and equipment
- Setting up and operating editing facilities in post-production suites
- Analyzing and repairing technical faults on equipment and systems
- Minimizing loss of service when equipment fails by quickly identifying and implementing alternative methods of service provision
- Setting up and operating equipment and transmission links during outside broadcasts
- Designing and installing custom audiovisual circuits
- Designing and manufacturing hardware and systems.
- B.Sc/HND in Electrical/ Electronic Engineering
- Further training and qualifications are advantages
- Minimum of 5 years’ work experience.
- Applicants should be willing to relocate.
- Must be able to work long hours and all shift schedules that may require up to twelve Basic Computer skills Equipment Installation
Requirements and Skills:
- Knowledge of broadcast rules and regulations.
- Knowledge in maintenance, usage, and design of technical broadcast equipment.
- Skill in responding to operational/technical equipment problems.
- Skill in both verbal and written communication.
- Skill in repair of digital and computer systems.
Application Deadline 8th February, 2019.
Job Title: Social Media Manager
Location: Akwa Ibom
- Our client is seeking a talented and creative Social Media Manger to administer their social media accounts.
- Responsibilities include conducting market research on current trends and audience preferences, designing and implementing a social media strategy to align with the company’s goals, and setting and reporting on performance metrics.
- A Social Media Manger is a tech-savvy professional with experience in creating content and maintaining a strong brand identity across channels.
- The goal is to create world-class social media presence across channels to achieve superior engagement and intimacy, website traffic and revenue results.
- A great Social Media Manager will have a solid understanding of how each social media channel works and how to optimize content so that it is engaging on those channels.
- We expect you to be up-to-date with the latest digital technologies and social media trends.
- You should have excellent communication skills and be able to express our company’s views creatively.
- Our ideal candidate has the ability to coordinate teams to execute according to a plan.
- They will have excellent communication skills, a passion for developing creative partnership strategies, and familiarity with the media and entertainment space in Nigeria and internationally.
A successful Social Media Manger will:
- Develop and implement a social media calendar in coordination with in-house creative and artist teams
- Research and present reports on key trends and audience insights
- Manage, track, and grow the company’s presence on all social media platforms
- Write well-crafted copy that achieves campaign objectives
- Communicate regularly with followers
- By end of Y1, a successful Social Media Manger will continue to do all of the above, as well as:
- Use audience data and creativity to develop new content series that achieves viral growth
- Build relationships with key followers and accounts
- Contribute to and create additional digital media verticals (ie. In-house blog, email newsletters)
- Proven working experience in social media marketing or as a digital media specialist
- Excellent writing, editing (photo/video/text), presentation and communication skills
- In tune with the music and entertainment culture, both locally and internationally
- Demonstrable social analytics tools knowledge
- Mastery of online marketing and the major marketing channels
- Positive attitude, detail and customer-oriented with good multitasking and organizational ability
- Basic knowledge of video and photo editing software tools
- Fluency in English and Pidgin English
- Adequate knowledge of web design, web development, CRO and SEO is an advantage
- B.Sc in Communications, Marketing, Business, New Media or Public Relations is an advantage
- Applicants within Uyo will be considered first.
Job Title: Confidential Secretary
Location: Akwa Ibom
- Obtain all relevant information about all meetings, internal and external events involving the CEO
- Regularly update CEO’s office filing system and Meeting Calendar.
- Assist with the coordination of the CEO’s internal and external visits
- Coordinates and Interfaces with the entities responsible for organising external and internal events requiring the CEO involvement /participation.
- Manages the requisition of standard goods and stationery for the department
- Ensures CEO’s office equipment are in good working condition and arrange routine maintenance /replacement as necessary.
- Manage the CEO’s Calendar, emails and internal and external contacts
- Respond to emails and re-routed phone calls linked to the DMD’s Office
- Receive and review letters, correspondences, internal and external documents addressed to the CEO’s office
- Consolidate and file letters, correspondences, internal and external documents requiring the CEO’s signature
- Manage the CEO’s office expense and Special Advance payments required to manage the office efficiently.
- Schedule both internal and external appointments for the CEO
- Make all travel arrangements including hotel/vehicle reservations
- Manages all Visitors including VIP’s that visits the CEO’s Office.
- Any other assigned duties related to the Office of the CEO.
- Must be a lawyer with at least 4 years experience, with Skillful and efficient use of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Applicant must be resident in Uyo, Akwa Ibom State.
Application Deadline 31st January, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application Letter and Resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org