Latest Vacancies In A Reputable Domestic Services Firm
A leading Domestic services Outfit, reputable for the provision of professional Nannies, House helps, Cooks, Drivers, Gatemen, Cleaners, Gardeners & artisans to homes and offices in Nigeria is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Nanny
- You will play a key role in providing care, intellectual stimulation, discipline, and entertainment for the children.
- You will also collaborate with the parents to plan and prepare meals, organize activities and outings, and arrange for transportation.
- Tend to the general and basic needs of the children while providing supervision to ensure the children’s safety in day-to-day activities.
- Engage children in age-appropriate activities—including free play, arts and crafts, games, and reading—to encourage the children’s intellectual development.
- Supervise homework and assist if needed.
- Model appropriate social behaviors to encourage children’s social and emotional development, such as developing empathy and cultivating interpersonal relationships.
- Teach children safe behavior based on environmental context; for example, seek adult assistance to cross the street.
- Monitor the children’s behavior for irregularities pertaining to their health and well-being as well as their physical, emotional, and mental development.
- In case of illness or injury, provide necessary medical attention; for example, transport the child to a doctor or hospital, take the child’s temperature, and administer medications as directed.
- Instruct the children on proper health and personal care habits, such as diet, exercise, and toilet behavior; provide assistance as needed.
- Assign chores as appropriate to teach the children responsibility, self-control, and self-confidence.
- Praise the children for targeted behaviors to encourage appropriate conduct.
- Create a safe environment for the children by removing hazards and enforcing appropriate boundaries.
- Transport the children to school), extracurricular activities, social outings, and medical appointments (if needed)
- Perform housekeeping tasks related to the children’s care.
- Meet with the parents regularly to reflect on and plan for the children’s activities and development.
- Basic knowledge of infant and child first aid and possibly cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
- Proficiency in computer technology, including calendar and scheduling software, web applications, and word processing software.
- Fluent in spoken and written English.
- Understanding of child psychology and stages of development.
- Prior experience in childcare settings (day care center, nursery, babysitting, nanny).
Job Title: Cook
- We are looking for a skilled In-House Cook to prepare delicious meals according to menu. The goal is to help preserve and enhance our reputation so we can expand our clientele.
- Setting up workstations with all needed ingredients and cooking equipment.
- Preparing ingredients to use in cooking (chopping and peeling vegetables, cutting meat etc.)
- Cooking food in various utensils or grillers
- Ensure great presentation by dressing dishes before they are served.
- Keep a sanitized and orderly environment in the kitchen
- Ensure all food and other items are stored properly
- Check quality of ingredientsMonitor stock and place orders when there are shortages
- Proven experience as a Cook.
- Experience in using cutting tools.
- Cookware and bakeware knowledge of various cooking procedures and methods (grilling, baking, boiling etc.)
- Ability to follow all sanitation procedures
- Ability to work in a team
- Very good communication skills
- Excellent physical condition and stamina
- High school diploma or equivalent; Diploma from a culinary school will be an advantage.
- Ability to multi task & take initiative when required.
- Ability to learn very fast and use the basic social media platforms.
Job Title: Gardener
- We are looking for Gardeners to install and maintain the flowers, trees and green spaces on Clients’ property.
- To install and maintain seasonal plants.
- To mow, trim and fertilize green spaces.
- To mulch, edge and weed gardens: prune and trim trees and bushes.
- To maintain all gardening equipment and machinery, like mowers, trimmers and leaf blowers.
- To monitor and maintain the health of plants: deal with pest problems that could damage plants and keep gardens and green spaces clear of debris and litter.
- Experience as a Gardener.
- Familiarity with landscaping design.
- Extensive knowledge of regional plant life.
- Knowledge of local pests and how to eliminate them.
- Knowledge of synthetic and natural fertilizers.
- A love of the outdoors and plant life
- An SSCE school leaving Certificate
Job Title: Gateman
- We are looking for skilled Private & Company gate guards to handle all gate keeping needs for our clients. The goal is to help preserve and enhance our reputation so we can expand our clientele.
- To guard entrance gate of homes and offices. Opens gate to allow entrance or exit of occupants, employees, vehicles, and authorized visitors.
- Checks credentials or approved roster before admitting anyone.
- Issues passes at own discretion or on instructions from superiors.
- Directs visitors and vehicles to various parts of buildings.
- Inspects outgoing traffic to prevent unauthorized removal of company property or products.
- May record number of visitors or carriers entering and leaving the compound.
- May perform maintenance duties, such as mowing lawns and sweeping gate areas.
- May require permits from employees for tools or materials taken from premises.
- May supervise use of time clocks for recording arrival and departure of employees.
- May answer telephone and transfer calls when switchboard is closed.
- When stationed at entrance to restricted area, such as explosives shed or research laboratory, may be designated Controlled-Area Checker.
- Must be an SSCE or OND certificate holder.
- Should be able to multitask and take initiative when required.
- Communication skills of great importance
Job Title: Cleaner
- We are looking for Cleaners to take care of Clients’ facilities and carry out cleaning and maintenance duties. The goal is to keep our building in a clean and orderly condition.
- Clean, stock and supply designated facility areas (dusting, sweeping, vacuuming, mopping, cleaning ceiling vents, restroom cleaning etc).
- Perform and document routine inspection and maintenance activities.
- Carry out heavy cleansing tasks and special projects.
- Notify management of occurring deficiencies or needs for repairs.
- Make adjustments and minor repairs.
- Stock and maintain supply rooms.
- Cooperate with the rest of the staff.
- Follow all health and safety regulations.
- Proven working experience as a cleaner.
- Knowledge of cleaning chemicals and supplies.
- An SSCE school leaving certificate.
Job Title: House Help
- We are looking for skilled House helps to handle all various house chores for our clients. The goal is to help preserve and enhance our reputation so we can expand our clientele.
- To assist with housework to get jobs done as quickly as possible and communicate any work environment issues to hosts.
- Dust all furniture, wall hangings and window blinds, periodically vacuuming drapes.
- Deep clean the kitchen and all bathrooms and empty all wastebaskets and take refuse to the trash disposal for a healthy home environment.
- Vacuum all carpets and rugs and occasionally shampoo them at the direction of the client.
- Sweep and wash floors with a mop or powered scrubbing tool and wax if necessary to make them sparkle.
- Change bed linens and towels, wash and dry them, and make beds to create cozy bedrooms
- Pick up extra cups, glasses, newspapers and books and put them in their proper areas to tidy the house and present an organized environment.
- Wash windows, ceilings, and walls and wash and polish woodwork as needed.
- Must be an SSCE or OND certificate holder or its equivalent.
- 2+ years’ experience with residential housekeeping would be an advantage
- Should possess basic verbal communication skills
- Ability to pass a background check and drug screening
- Advanced knowledge of cleaning products, implements and practices
- Willingness to maintain confidentiality.
- Dependable and hard working.
Job Title: Driver
- We are looking for skilled Personal & Company Drivers to handle transportation and delivery needs for our clients. The goal is to help preserve and enhance our reputation so we can expand our clientele.
- Have experience handling all types of vehicles: such as cars, SUVs, buses or medium-sized & heavy duty trucks
- Coordinate paperwork for the truck manifest on each trip using a company’s software system before leaving the facility.
- Transport people and deliveries safely to their destination locations on time.
- As part of this duty, verify shipping loads against the paperwork and obtain signatures for materials when they are delivered.
- Determine the most efficient route to destinations to ensure timely delivery.
- Maintain records of routes and times in accordance with state and federal law, as well as company policy.
- Inspect and maintain the truck and all related equipment, putting in repair requests as necessary to maintain safe operation.
- Handling vehicles, in a way that facilitates the loading and unloading of the truck against all safety regulations and manufacturer’s safety instructions for such.
- Take on material handling duties as necessary to complete the delivery of necessary materials to destination locations, including handling materials during loading and unloading.
- Relay customer feedback, including concerns, complaints, damaged deliveries, returns, and competitive knowledge whenever it is presented.
- A valid Driver’s licence
- At least one year of professional driving experience
- Ability to pass the DOT medical exam and Commercial Motor Vehicle Certification
- Ability to operate warehouse equipment, including pallet jacks, floor lifts, and forklifts may be an added advantage.
- Oral and written communication skills
- Customer relation skills
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications and CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the “job title” as the subject of the mail
Application Deadline 1st February, 2019.