POS Support Officer Job Vacancy at UBA Bank, 12th January, 2019
United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) is one of Africa’s leading financial institutions, with operations in 19 African countries and 3 global financial centres: London, Paris and New York. From a single country organisation founded in 1949 in Nigeria UBA has grown to become a pan-African provider of financial services with over 11 million customers, through close to 1000 business offices and touch points globally.
In 2005, UBA was born through one of the biggest mergers on the African continent capital markets with the business combination with Standard Trust Bank (STB) Plc. From the merger UBA has emerged as a Pan-African provides a full range of solutions and services that span the full value chain from retail to corporate. UBA is also the acclaimed leader in electronic payments in the sub-region.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: POS Support Officer
Reference #: POS0119
Location: Lagos Island, Lagos
Contract Type: Permanent
Job Functions: Banking,Information Technology
Industries: Banking / Finance & Investment
- POS Support is a role in the Digital Banking Services Department of the IT Group of the Bank.
- Updating the Alert portal with transaction download
- Returned settlement processing
- New Refreshed Template/Database update
- Change/Modification request processing
- Access and Alerts request processing
- CBN monthly report generation
- Settlement issue resolution
- Execute efficient POS and channels support services in line with agreed SLAs
- Manage IT-Business communication in a way to promote both innovation and operational initiatives of IT and keep customers informed about IT services
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by TL, POS Services team.
- Takes responsibility for understanding internal and external client requirements and coordination of the fulfillment of those requirements working with other IT service delivery functions where necessary
- Mandate verification
- Generating TID and MID
- Support issues (routing error, visa, faulty terminals, etc.)
- Business Office PIN POS (Configure, repairs and dispatch)
- Monitoring (active, inactive, re-map, etc.)
- PM data update
- Delete and Enable request processing
- POS Inventory and Store keeping
- TAMS Support
- New request set-up on CTMS and switches
- Writing script for upload on Finacle database by DBA team
- Engaging necessary teams for set up on TAMS and switches
- Engaging PTSP for terminal configuration and deployment
- Preparation of dispatch documents for terminals going upcountry
- Post verification closure
- International card acceptance request
- Consumables/SIMs request
- Education: First degree in Computer Science/Engineering, Systems Engineering or Operational Sciences.
- A second degree in any of the disciplines or technical certifications will enhance performance
- Grade: OND/HND
- Experience: 1 year relevant experience in Banking Operations
- Skills: Experience in resolving issues related to POS will be an advantage.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 31st January, 2019