ABB is a leader in power and automation technologies that enable utility, industry, and transport and infrastructure customers to improve their performance while lowering environmental impact. The ABB Group of companies operates in roughly 100 countries and employs about 140,000 people.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Sales Specialist (EPDS)
Publication ID: NG67640473_E1
Location: Federal Capital Territory, Abuja
Job function: Sales
Contract type: Regular/Permanent
Business unit: EP Marketing and Sales
- As a Sales Specialist (EPDS) you will be a part of the Electrification Products Division and Business Unit EP Marketing and Sales based in Federal Capital Territory; Nigeria.
- You will be responsible for sales of products/systems/services within a designated market in accordance with strategy.
- Build long term customer relationships and manage resolution to specific customer needs and issues.
- Identify and develop sales opportunities.
- Plan and implement proactive promotional activities for the assigned target audience (consultants, design institutes, engineering/architect offices, authorities etc.) in order to create the market demand and need for the features/products.
- Build long term customer relationships and identify and develop sales opportunities by introducing, presenting and educating the target audience about ABB products and tools.
Your main responsibilities in this role will include:
- Volume and profit: Selling products/systems/services to customers, focusing on volume, mix and profitability targets for assigned Business Units/Product Groups.
- Customer relations: Establishing and maintaining effective customer relationships to understand customer needs, promote customer understanding of full product/systems/services offering, and align to provide a solution. Ensuring a positive customer experience throughout the sales process.
- Sales plans: Preparing sales plans using company tools. Performing regular status reviews and proposes recovery plan(s) in cases of potential order shortfalls.
- Sales: Creating added value for the customer and ABB and ensures the successful outcome of transactions, contracts and proposals by using effective sales techniques. Communicating details in accordance with ABB offering and strategy (delivery time, payments, and general terms and conditions).
- Training: Managing and driving education of the target audience by conducting and organizing appropriate training interventions.
- Administration: Managing administrative procedures in sales processes, and supports collection and project management activities when needed.
- Offer preparation: Preparing offers in coordination with the bid and proposal department and/or the Marketing Manager. Ensuring appropriate technical and financial aspects of offers, including prices and trading conditions.
- Marketing: Ensuring efficient marketing activities and value proposition to customers.
- New market opportunities: Identifying and driving the development of new market opportunities in the designated market and ensures know-how sharing and cross-collaboration.
- Target: Implementing proactive promotional activities for the customer target group, including e.g. technical presentations, demonstrations, seminars and education material.
- Plans: Preparing plans for visits and performs regular status reviews, including the analysis and output of the target audience visits.
- As the ideal candidate, you should have a Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering with 3-5 years’ experience in sales or marketing role, preferably in LV products with experience in African countries.
- Post-Graduation in Electrical Engineering is a plus.
- Excellent command over both written and spoken English is a must. French speaking is a plus.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: In case you have inquiries or face difficulties in applying, contact us at NG-Careers@abb.com. No CVs allowed on emails.