UNICEF Job Vacancy for a TA Knowledge Management Specialist
UNICEF works in 190 countries and territories to protect the rights of every child. UNICEF has spent 70 years working to improve the lives of children and their families. Defending children’s rights throughout their lives requires a global presence, aiming to produce results and understand their effects. UNICEF believes all children have a right to survive, thrive and fulfill their potential – to the benefit of a better world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: TA Knowledge Management Specialist – NOC
Job Number: 519305
Work Type: Fixed Term Staff
- Ensuring key policy and advocacy issues are available through regular situation reports, briefings, information, data and analysis on UNICEF’s programmes in Nigeria and the emergency response. Working closely within the Management for Results Section, this information will be used to ensure that UNICEF and staff are in the best position for effective advocacy on behalf of children.
- Designing and developing factsheets, infographics, and presentations that communicate results for children.
- Promoting knowledge management within the UNICEF Nigeria Country Office (NCO) to ensure that all staff in Abuja and the field offices are effectively sharing knowledge and information, internally, with partners, donors and counterparts.
- Managing the NCO internal SharePoint team site.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have:
- An advanced university degree (Master’s or equivalent) in Social Sciences, Communications, or related field.
- A minimum of five (5) years of progressive experience is required especially with experience in design and communication. Experience in Microsoft Office suite required; experience working with either Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, Adobe Illustrator, Prezi is an advantage; Experience working for an operational UN agency or NGO is an advantage.
- Fluency in English is required.
Key Function, Accountabilities and Related Duties/Tasks
- Ensure the collection, supply and exchange of information supportive to UNICEF programmes.
- Prepare high quality reports, briefing materials, factsheets and presentations.
- Contribute to preparation of donor briefings by updating NCO’s donor and communications information packs with the latest data.
- Maintain and update existing tools and systems for knowledge management (e.g., SharePoint site).
- Design and produce quality infographs, posters and materials that highlight achievement of results for children
- Ensure facilitation of knowledge building and management for NCO, and support the use of innovations for effective information-sharing within the office and with external partners, donors, and counterparts.
For every Child, you demonstrate:
- UNICEF’s core values of Commitment, Diversity and Integrity and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
- View our competency framework at: http://www.unicef.org/about/employ/files/UNICEF_Competencies.pdf
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
- UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles.
- All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks, and will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process
Application Deadline Thursday 31st January 2019. by 23:55:00 GMT+0100 (West Africa Standard Time)