Whyte Cleon Limited – Our client, a fast growing Manufacturing and Production company requires the services of an experienced candidate to fill the position below:
Job Title: Budget Accountant
- Prepare reports, budgets and commentaries including variance analysis, on monthly financial statements.
- Coordinate physical inventory counts and yearly inventory counts.
- Investigate inventory counting variances and resolve issues.
- Analyse changes in raw materials, operating methods and services provided, to determine effects on cost.
- Prepare the daily, weekly, monthly and annual budgets, compare it to actual results, and report on variances between budgeted costs and actual costs.
- Forecasting income and expenditure based on existing & future prospective contracts.
- Contribute to advise managers about the financial implications of business decisions to aid growth and profit.
- Design, create and implement strategies, best practices and process improvements.
- Identify operational opportunities and implement best processes and practices. Present reports on revenue, expenditure and profits monthly, quarterly and annually.
- Undertake financial administration and work with the Internal Audit team.
- Liaise with managerial staff and other colleagues in the Finance Department.
- Assist in the development and management of financial systems and Company Operating Procedures (COPs).
- Seek new ways to improve efficiency and increase profits.
- Analyse actual costs and prepare periodic reports comparing budgeted costs to actual costs.
- Analyse and report variances between budgeted costs and actual operation costs.
- Liaise with managers and prepare weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual budgets.
- Determine fixed costs (e.g. salaries, rent and insurance),plan and record variable costs (e.g. purchases, materials and operations costs).
- Report on expenditure and cash balance on daily basis.
- Review costs of all inventory, labour, and material purchases.
- Monitor organizational spending to ensure that it is within budget.
- Review costs and managers’ budget proposals for completeness, accuracy, and compliance with regulations.
- Assist in month-end and year-end closing.
- Carry out assigned duties with honesty.
- Minimum M.Sc/B.Sc in Accounting.
- Solid decision-making skills and the ability to exercise independent judgment
- Demonstrated expertise with computerized accounting systems and Microsoft Office (MS Excel in particular).
- Possession of ICAN/ACCA or CIMA is mandatory
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of accounting best practices, laws, standards, state and national regulations and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in same position of a managerial level as an Accounting, Costing and Budgeting Manager.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to multitask and prioritise.
- Commitment to ensuring financial integrity, and ability to handle highly confidential information with discretion.
- Strong analytical ability, including the ability to quickly and effectively analyze, compare, and interpret data.
- Ability to collaborate with a multi-department team.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply