Deputy Job Vacancy for Finance Manager at ACTED, 17th Feb., 2019
Agency for Technical Cooperation and Development (ACTED) – Since 1993, as an international non-governmental organization, ACTED has been committed to immediate humanitarian relief to support those in urgent need and protect people’s dignity, while co-creating longer term opportunities for sustainable growth and fulfilling people’s potential.
ACTED endeavors to respond to humanitarian crises and build resilience; promote inclusive and sustainable growth; co-construct effective governance and support the building of civil society worldwide by investing in people and their potential.
We seek to apply suitable candidate for the position below:
Job Title: Deputy Finance Manager
Job Type: Full Time
Job Field: Finance / Accounting / Audit
Position to start 1st march 2019
Contract Duration: 6 months
- In light of the displacement in the north eastern part of Nigeria, ACTED has set up an office in Maiduguri to respond to the humanitarian needs. ACTED is therefore looking for qualified staff to support our mission based in Maiduguri.
Under the direct supervision of the Country Finance Manager, the successful candidate’s main objectives will include:
- Provides leadership in the development and implementation of the finance department’s strategy, operational plans and policies
- Overall responsible for accountancy, financial reporting, compliance of internal finance procedures
- Provide technical assistance to the Country Finance Manager and the rest of the finance team members
- Provide Country Finance Manager with a proper consumption analysis.
- Masters level education in Finance or equivalent
- Qualified ACA, ACCA or CIMA Accountant
- 3+ years of solid experience in Finance Management and monitoring systems with at least 1 years in a managerial position
- Knowledge of NGO donors and their financial reporting requirements
- Working knowledge of accounting software (SAGA) is desirable
- Excellent computer skills with high proficiency in Microsoft excel
- Good analytical and reporting skill
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Proven ability to work creatively and independently
- Strong ability to be able to manage and prioritize multiple tasks
- Experience in training and developing Finance staff
- Proactive, self-starter – able to work with minimum supervision
- Excellent time management, organization, and prioritization skills, with the ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines.
- Flexible, enthusiastic and a willingness to listen and learn from others
Accountancy and procedures:
- Be proactive on financial control side to ensure that the procedures are followed and requirements met at all levels.
- Ensure an efficient flow of information between financial follow up tools and other department.
- Oversee recording and validation of financial data by the Finance Officer.
- Supervise the yearly and semi-yearly financial closing.
- Oversee preparation of financial statements, tax forecasts, cash flow reports, statutory accounts and other management reports.
- Approve all the documentation for finance in absence of the Country Finance Manager.
- Establish budgeting procedures including setting up of job/project budget commitments, capturing and tracking of project costs and advising on the need to revise budgets.
- Updating the BFU’s on monthly basis and ensure the timely completion of this monthly requirement.
- Develops a proper budget analysis on Monthly basis and proposed corrective measure to Country Finance Manager
- Link with other departments for budget purposes
- Analysis on monthly basis cash flow required vs budget projection and real consumption
- Project development:
- Together with the Project Development Department and Program Department, draft budget proposal to be review by the Country Finance Manager.
- To ensure rules and requirement are fully met in budget proposals.
- To update a “donor guidelines” document on a regular basis. Organize trainings of donor guidelines.
- Ensure financial requirements (budgets, eligibility of costs, flexibility, reporting, etc.) of donors are met.
- To prepare financial sheets and coordinate with logistics team on the procurement plans.
Reporting and Donor Compliance:
- To prepare interim and final report to donors,
- Develop internal reports for coordination decision making.
- To ensure an on-time and efficient flow of information.
- Management and capacity building: Lead, manage, appraise and motivate capital and field level finance team members.
- Assist in the preparation of workshops
- Facilitate the work of external auditors and provide all assistance required
- To ensure filling and organization of the department is optimal and efficient
- Be part of the procurement committee
- Other tasks and responsibilities as requested by the Country Finance Manager.
Deadline: 23rd February, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Only motivated applications that address the stipulated duties and meet the required qualifications will be considered. ACTED/REACH considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, colour, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability.
- Due to the large numbers of expected applicants ACTED will only inform shortlisted candidates, we apologize for the inconvenience. Only short-listed applicants will be invited for written test and oral interview.