European Union (EU) Recruitment for Technical Engineer
The European Union (EU) is a major player in the international development community in Nigeria with an active presence in the key sectors of health, nutrition, water and sanitation and improving access to sustainable electricity. Additional cross-cutting activities include the fight against corruption, drugs and organised crime, support to the reform of the justice system, measures to increase the role democratic processes and supporting a greater role for civil society.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Technical Engineer – Europe House Joint Management Committee
Job No: 0002
- The Joint Management Committee (JMC) of the EU Common Embassy Complex is considering the recruitment of a Technical Engineer on a Service Contract renewable yearly with a maximum of Four years and hereby invites interested persons for application. The successful candidate will provide technical & infrastructure support to the JMC. Duties would include and not limited to providing assistance with office maintenance works, tracking of electrical supplies and furniture in the complex among other tasks.
- As such, the position requires a good knowledge of logistics in an International Organization, a good knowledge of administrative, financial and control procedures, a high degree of professionalism, a good oral and written communication, good organisational skills, and the ability to be flexible as demands and priorities change.
Functions and Duties
- Monitoring the state of the properties in the complex with respect to its functionalities;
- Monitoring the use and stocking of spare parts in the store with up to date inventory and advice Members when to stock;
- Procurement of genuine spare parts at reasonable and competitive price from the local market;
- Liaising with utility providers in case of breakdown of any installed equipment by such organization;
- Monthly and quarterly report to be presented to Members about the state of the complex with respect to the properties and installed equipment;
- Monitoring of service/maintenance intervals of all technical installations;
- Initiating service/maintenance works, including procurement, following up of works and quality control;
- Locating, documenting and reporting defects/faults and proposing technical solutions to Members;
- Managing spare parts for all technical installations in the complex except for individual Member;
- Drawing up technical specifications;
- Any other duties assigned by the JMC.
Education and Training:
- At least a Higher National Diploma (HND) or its equivalent Diploma in Civil Engineering or Infrastructure Management or Purchasing & Supplies or any related course. A university degree will be an advantage.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in the management maintenance. Previous experience within a diplomatic embassy or an international organisation will be an advantage.
- Full computer literacy
- Good organizational skills
- Day to day knowledge of good quality materials and their prices to advise the JMC appropriately
- Good command of English language; both oral and written. Knowledge of French is an advantage
The gross remuneration will be in accordance with relevant salary scale depending on years of relevant professional experience. Taxes, social security, health benefits etc. are inclusive in the gross remuneration and sole responsibility of the Technical Engineer.
Deadline: 4th March, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send a letter explaining their interest and suitability for this position and Curriculum Vitae (each 2 pages maximum) to the attention of “Chairman of Joint Management Committee” via: firstname.lastname@example.org Or email@example.com
Note: Applications received after the deadline or not conform to these instructions will be automatically rejected.